Clermont Area With SDC.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Possibly heading to Clermont for a couple of days at the end of this week. Ive heard bathampton maybe the go for some shallow ground to suit the sdc. Would this be a good place to spend a couple of days? Or would a different gpa be a better option?

G'day Tyrion,

Flat diggings is not far up the road from Bathampton witch would be worth a look..
Mcmasters is always worth a look but might take a few days to get on to it..
Or there's always Mcdonalds flat on the right hand side digging through some trash, seen some nice bits found that way..

Good luck mate..

Thanx Eluvial,
I will have a look through them and try to concentrate on just one of them while im there. This will be my first time out that way so i guess it will be more about learning the ground type and hopefully find some shallow ground. I dont mind digging trash to find nuggets though. :Y:

Well it didnt look like the trip was going to happen due to work. But at the last minute i decided to head on up for a quick trip. And im pretty happy with the returns from one 1 and a half days and my first trip to clermont.

Thanx Eluvial for your info.

Flat diggings, Bathampton and Mcdonalds flat produced the goods pretty well evenly.
1599298069_20200905_191409.jpg

1599298094_20200905_191748.jpg

1599298128_20200905_191846.jpg

1599298148_20200905_192102.jpg

1599298167_20200905_192153.jpg

Now i just need to work out what to do with the specimen.,...off to super cheap for some alibrite i think.

Ty :goldnugget:

Hi all, Im new to this but I have a question that maybe someone can answer.
I am on the market for a decent gold detector, something for a beginner but in the medium price range. I have been looking at the internet and have found the Minelab units. These appear to be quite good, BUT these are also advertised through Alibaba and I assume all are made in China and are at a quarter the price of the ones sold in Australia. The site states that these may be counterfeit and the buyer should be cautious. Although I agree totally, what guarantees are there that units sold through retail stores are not the same as the units sold from China?
Are these any good and if at all possible as I would like to purchase a unit from Australia what would be a good unit for a beginner ?

can someone please advise?

many thanks

In my Opinion DO NOT TOUCH THE CRAP FROM CHINA! They will be really cheap but not worth what ever you pay for it. The only guarantee you will have is getting ripped off!!!!! Go to a Minelab dealer and have a chat, not sure where your located, buy the best machine you can afford and stick with Minelab. The dealers will give you a training day and you will get back up and a warranty, then its all up to time swinging and learning. Good Luck .PP

Spizz,

Post is not really in the right spot.

Please go into the introduction area and introduce yourself.

As for what you are asking,

You have answered that yourself.

Buy from a reputable seller.

In other words, A shop front.

Not in Asia.

Spizz said:
Hi all, Im new to this but I have a question that maybe someone can answer.
I am on the market for a decent gold detector, something for a beginner but in the medium price range. I have been looking at the internet and have found the Minelab units. These appear to be quite good, BUT these are also advertised through Alibaba and I assume all are made in China and are at a quarter the price of the ones sold in Australia. The site states that these may be counterfeit and the buyer should be cautious. Although I agree totally, what guarantees are there that units sold through retail stores are not the same as the units sold from China?
Are these any good and if at all possible as I would like to purchase a unit from Australia what would be a good unit for a beginner ?

can someone please advise?

many thanks

Hey Guys, I know this is an older Post, but I'm in the Clermont area for the next week or so and wanted to know if you good give me any advice for my first time in a GPA.

As there are 11 here is there any better suited to me?

I've heard it's good to go near old mining claims/workings. Would this be sound advice for me to start out in?

If I wanted to start learning the geology etc., What resources should I be looking for?

I appreciate any help.

Skinface said:
Hey Guys, I know this is an older Post, but I'm in the Clermont area for the next week or so and wanted to know if you good give me any advice for my first time in a GPA.

As there are 11 here is there any better suited to me?

I've heard it's good to go near old mining claims/workings. Would this be sound advice for me to start out in?

If I wanted to start learning the geology etc., What resources should I be looking for?

I appreciate any help.

Stop in and see JP in at the Outback Prospector, he should be able to give you the low down on the area.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts