Minelab GT16000 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly, the sovereign coils could fit. G.T stood for gold tracker, and F.T was fast tracker. They were excellent detectors at that stage. The F.T. came out after the G.T. It was built to handle mineralised ground better than the G.T. I had both of them, but preferred the F.T. There was a 10" or 11" coil Minelab made for them as well. I think I've got one buried in the garage somewhere.I found heaps of gold with these detectors combined with a 36"x 15" Bob Hollis sled coil that I towed behind my car. I've still got the sled coil as well.

Xt 17000 coils should work ok think there was 3 of them, and a few huge ones made by Barrie Johnson, was some on Gumtree recently.

Thanks fellas.

I'd be interested in a used 10inch or 12inch Coil if there is any about.
Being 30years old now, i wouldn't want to pay a lot of money for one.....if you can understand.

Cheers.

Hello All.
I have an old GT16000, and there is a Toggle Switch located on the Front Panel that has been added at some time and its wiring is soldered to the back of a circuit board.
Its soldered to 2 items marked R31 and R30 in the pic.
I was hoping that someone might shed some light on what its for.
It increases the volume dramatically.......but the Detector already has a Boost Setting, so must be for some other purpose.
Any ideas?
Cheers.

1583474661_20200306_155033.jpg

Hello.

I have the same switch.....did you find out what it is for?

Cheers.

My son sent me a message :
Surprise .. look what i found ... do you want it?
1593821806_6e7b8395-783b-4509-853b-d2819949fe18.jpg

1593821806_9999679e-294a-4f8a-b0aa-ef2fa9507834.jpg

Sure !
Its pretty beat up
Control box is held on with cable ties
Turned the knob ..... and it still works :8
Well it turns on anyway
Will have a fiddle later and see whats going on
I reckon this would still be pretty damned good on the beach
Good enough for the kids in the clan to muck around with anyway ;)

They are O.K. on the beach , so long as keep them away from the salty water . I used to use one .

Ah Memories....When I had the SD2000 and 2100, I had the GT16000 in its carry bag on my belt together with a 6 inch coil in a ML Rubbish bag on the belt at my back and used it as a pin pointer in deep holes.

Good for finding the barb off a fish hook at 6 once you know how to work the threshhold, and agree with the comment to avoid the saltwater saturated sand, they tend to get too chattery there.

Latest posts