Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm have 4 coils, 3 came with the detector when new, and bought one off the Internet which is supposed to find gold deeper, but haven't used it on the gold bearing grounds yet, only the beach and wow, it goes deep alright, punches real deep, better than those others. It's mono Detech brand, bought online, and wow, it's finding stuff buried so far under the sand it's incredible, the other guy who detects with me is amazed at it's depth capabilities.

View attachment 8630
How did the new coil go mate

Only had the chance of using it on the beach so far, and it's depth amazed me so can't wait to use it on the gold fields as it is small enough to get in the tight spaces as well as detect normally.

That Detech coil's got a well-deserved good reputation as you've already learnt, so it sounds like all you need now is some one-to-one coaching or an experienced person to prospect with for a trip or two. Somebody who can point you towards suitable detector settings, so you build confidence in your ability to optimise your settings for whatever areas you go to in future on your own.
Yes, and if someone wants bod to take along on a trip to the gold fields for a coaching session and a detecting trip (I don't bite nor smoke, but like a beer on a hot day or after a long hard slog). Let me know if anyone is interested in taking an old sole out to teach them something about the detector (I've been coached but that was a long while ago and all is forgotten) so a trip to the gold fields in NSW would be great.

My 5000 in with mick right now , I asked him to do the full level4 upgrade , replace plugs ,switches and both strips . Mick has found a few faults with worn out components but it is a 2011 model and before I get bagged for sending away for the mods do your own research I did ,speak to people that have had mods done my mick (au man) I did and when it comes down to it all it my money to spend .
ian

That Detech coil's got a well-deserved good reputation as you've already learnt, so it sounds like all you need now is some one-to-one coaching or an experienced person to prospect with for a trip or two. Somebody who can point you towards suitable detector settings, so you build confidence in your ability to optimise your settings for whatever areas you go to in future on your own.

I guess all detectors are not equal but I bought this coil off Nenad and it's the worst coil I've ever had. I sold one of our GPX4500's because it gave me the chance to get rid of the 11" Detech and the 12"x8" NF. The 11" Detech was so noisy I sent it back to Stinky Pete to be tested. The reply was "There's NOT MUCH wrong with this coil". Well how much is 'NOT MUCH' but I couldn't get my money back so it had to go. I'll never buy another Detech product.

I guess all detectors are not equal but I bought this coil off Nenad and it's the worst coil I've ever had. I sold one of our GPX4500's because it gave me the chance to get rid of the 11" Detech and the 12"x8" NF. The 11" Detech was so noisy I sent it back to Stinky Pete to be tested. The reply was "There's NOT MUCH wrong with this coil". Well how much is 'NOT MUCH' but I couldn't get my money back so it had to go. I'll never buy another Detech product.
1. Golden Smoky's Detech coil isn't an 11", so it isn't the same as the model that you bought.
2. If you bought a coil from Nenad but returned it to Stinky Pete, you're doing warranty claims wrong. The seller is always the point of contact responsible for claims under consumer law.

1. Golden Smoky's Detech coil isn't an 11", so it isn't the same as the model that you bought.
2. If you bought a coil from Nenad but returned it to Stinky Pete, you're doing warranty claims wrong. The seller is always the point of contact responsible for claims under consumer law.

I made the claim to Nenad but was instructed to send it to Stinky Pete.

Latest posts