Ssangyong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering does anyone here own a Ssangyong ?
Wondering what you think of them, thinking about buying one secondhand.

regards hounddog

My 2000 Mercedes MB140 campervan is manufactured under licence by Ssangyong but I doubt that's much help to you.
I haven't had any significant issue with it apart from an intermittent start problem eventually tracked down to low voltage at the starter motor solenoid. If I recall correctly, the solenoid was directly switched via the ignition key switch and it wasn't up to the task.

My mate had one and it cost him a fortune . Loverly car when it was going just didn,t do that offten enough.
Jim

one of my friends has one, & it's forever having little issues, mostly electrical & rattles. Not very well built.
Another mate drove a Ssangyong built Mercedes van for work, probably something like Bicter's. It was a piece of :poop: & eventually the engine just wouldnt start. Its now a billboard/sign post in the business front yard :awful:

Used to have one at work in the Qld coal mines. One of the other idiots left it in the bottom of a big dip during a storm, came back a couple of hours later and the water was lapping the top of the dash. Game over, get rid of it. Any car with the indicator stalk on the left side of the steering column in Australia should be scrapped. :N: :N: :N:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Used to have one at work in the Qld coal mines. One of the other idiots left it in the bottom of a big dip during a storm, came back a couple of hours later and the water was lapping the top of the dash. Game over, get rid of it. Any car with the indicator stalk on the left side of the steering column in Australia should be scrapped. :N: :N: :N:

Cheers

Doug

Where the Indicator is Is not a good enough reason to scrap any car.

A lot of foreign Cars have the indicator arm on the left for a simple reason because they were Originally made for Left Hand Drive Countries, Where the Indicator Arm is positioned is unimportant, Early Cars had a Switch in the Centre of the Dash board and before that you had to use you hand signals,

Ridge Runner said:
Rockhunter62 said:

Cheers

Doug

A lot of foreign Cars have the indicator arm on the left for a simple reason because they were Originally made for Left Hand Drive Countries, Where the Indicator Arm is positioned is unimportant, Early Cars had a Switch in the Centre of the Dash board and before that you had to use you hand signals,

Struth, I didn't even need to use berley. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Ha! yep and I could spot the fish hook a mile away...my Perenties indicator stalk is on the left

Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Rockhunter62 said:

Cheers

Doug

Cheers

Doug

Left handed hook by the looks of it :p

Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Rockhunter62 said:

Cheers

Doug

Cheers

Doug

The left hand Indicator I can live with, but when they keep moving the handbrake then it drives me nuts, A friend gave me the keys to her Merc Coupe a couple of weeks ago to look after while she is away in the US for 6 months, Try find the handbrake release in the dark in one of those, :argh: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Latest posts