⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another cool day, so out with the detector but the storms made it hard going. I have driven past this area for years pleased with the results for hour of detecting.
Yapeen Gold
1579505091_20200120_174146_resized.jpg

Franco said:
Another day today with my wife and son exploring the GT and looking for our first nugget, but still no luck. We visited Moliagul to see the location the Welcome Stranger was discovered, and tried a few spots within 15 minutes drive of there. We wont give up, but geez, weve done the hard yards over the last 6 months, dug a heaps of targets, but still no gold. Grrrrr!

Franco, we visited the Welcome Stranger monument and while we were there we pulled out the detectors. It was unbelievable but we pulled out multiple nuggets within a stones throw of the monument, right on the bare patch of dirt... :)

Wow Moneybox!
Clearly more skill and quality equipment than I possess.
I dont think there is much more of a flogged out area than that, but for you to still find some nuggets... Amazing. :eek:

It will happen Franco. And when it does it is a feeling you wont forget. My first find was 7 nuggets in the same hole! So don't get too excited and forget to re-check the holes.
Good luck.

Moneybox said:
Franco said:
Another day today with my wife and son exploring the GT and looking for our first nugget, but still no luck. We visited Moliagul to see the location the Welcome Stranger was discovered, and tried a few spots within 15 minutes drive of there. We wont give up, but geez, weve done the hard yards over the last 6 months, dug a heaps of targets, but still no gold. Grrrrr!

Franco, we visited the Welcome Stranger monument and while we were there we pulled out the detectors. It was unbelievable but we pulled out multiple nuggets within a stones throw of the monument, right on the bare patch of dirt... :)
I remember that, bloody classic MB. :D :Y:

Latest posts