⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
Took advantage of the cooler weather and hit a little spot I found last week that gave me 10 grams before it got too hot.

Got another 13 grams with the biggest bit going a bit over 5gr. Same again, the ground is getting too hot to pick up so called it early.
It might be a night time job I think

https://i.imgur.com/x8N5uzD.jpg

madtuna, that gold looks very much like the gold in your avatar and is going to look very pretty when cleaned up. Is it from the same location?

Moneybox said:
madtuna said:
Took advantage of the cooler weather and hit a little spot I found last week that gave me 10 grams before it got too hot.

Got another 13 grams with the biggest bit going a bit over 5gr. Same again, the ground is getting too hot to pick up so called it early.
It might be a night time job I think

https://i.imgur.com/x8N5uzD.jpg

madtuna, that gold looks very much like the gold in your avatar and is going to look very pretty when cleaned up. Is it from the same location?
Nah about 150 klms away

out 4 my birthday got a few bits
1577077891_20191223_155414.jpg

Was in the ute just before 3:00 am this morning to get an early start at RushWorth at a newish area I spotted a couple weeks ago
When Macka (my brother ) was with me . Not the Mackka from here " :D Gidday Mackka in QLD :Y: " .
So got off the freeway at Violet town heading toward Murchison all was going good for 20 kms then :argh: :poop: I then glanced at the fuel gauge and I forgot to put Diesel in the ute last night . So detour back roads to Euroa for Diesel and 4 pack RED BULLS and Giddy Up :perfect: .
Right so Finally got to Area of interest was just after 4:00 am :zzz: :zzz:
1577502930_ute_in_the_dark_.jpg

Step up the Strobe light on the roof of Ute and :power: into it :D
Well I only walk maybe 5 meters & got a Cracken signal :p Yer was Gold :goldnugget: . Safely rescued him and made him safe and comfy in my Jar .
Checked the hole before back filling there was still a target in the hole :D Was a smallish specie ( Very nice ) Nuggy and specie in the jar after olny 10 minutes .
So rechecked the hole again :p and Yer you guested it , Still a target there , Was a smallish Nugget :D W-A-C-K-O , The hole produced another specie " I love when this happens :D So 2 Nuggets 2 Species same hole 5 meters from the ute and only been at it about 15-20 minutes :bomb:
Back to the ute for drink and smoke and put on the better head-lite . The Temp was Perfect No Wild No Bugs No Spiders No EMI Interference was so quiet GPZ was running so smooth and clean the signals were so clear and crisp . I ended up with 14 Nuggets and 7 Species for my efforts :D :D :cool:
I worked a small part of the area maybe 6 meters X 6 meters and am quiet Surprised with the small part of the Larger area .
1577504400_rushworth_.jpg

I also got 2 Bigger :goldnugget: 5.5 gram About 350mm down , 7.1 gram about 100mm down beside a tree , Boom Sharka Larka .
I dont post photos of :goldnugget: over 3 grams ,I,m sure the new owner will post them somewhere at some point .
--The bigger Nugget in the middle of photo is 1.120 grams - Came from Reef Hills :eek: a couple weeks ago --
Was an Awesome half day in the forest .

:D Thanks Guys :Y:
I crushed up the 7 Species 1 specie & 6 rocks :/ Weird .
The one that had the Gold was the most unlikely looking one ( right side middle )
The top 2 & left side middle I though :perfect: Looks good lots of small Quartz in the conglomerate and ironstone :rolleyes:
Bottom right and middle bottom Iron stone :|
Bottom left looked the goods another conglomerate quartz iron stone and other rocks . Yer its a lump of decomposing Iron
we have all dug them before , Almost not magnetic , It looked good till I smashed it :lol:

Latest posts