You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Mike501
07 December 2019 06:02 pm

Hi , just wanted to get peoples thoughts on the Garrett AT Pro, I want to get another detector for coins and beach/park detecting, don’t want to spend a bucket of money, I have a GP 3000 I use for gold, what does everyone think about these?

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by Mike501 (07 December 2019 06:11 pm)

Gp3000, 2 pans , clarifier.

grubstake
07 December 2019 06:19 pm

They're old technology (so don't waste money on a new one), but quite effective in dry sand beach areas, as the iron identification works particularly well, in my experience. They're only single-frequency, so not much cop in wet sand though. I don't know about parks - never tried - but should be OK, I'd guess. The small coil is much better balanced than the (standard) large one.

Where it is, there it is.

1 user likes this post: Ded Driver

Mike501
07 December 2019 06:36 pm

grubstake wrote:

They're old technology (so don't waste money on a new one), but quite effective in dry sand beach areas, as the iron identification works particularly well, in my experience. They're only single-frequency, so not much cop in wet sand though. I don't know about parks - never tried - but should be OK, I'd guess. The small coil is much better balanced than the (standard) large one.

Thanks Grubstake would love to get a Equinox 600 but don’t think I want to spend the extra dollars to get one, if I was closer to the gold fields I wouldn’t contemplate getting another detector but would like to do some detecting around home.

grubstake
07 December 2019 06:55 pm

If the budget's tight, now the Equinox has arrived there's plenty of cheap X-Terra 705's coming up for sale, which I imagine would be similar to the AT Pro in effectiveness. Keep an eye on Gumtree.

Where it is, there it is.

1 user likes this post: Mike501

nesral
07 December 2019 07:06 pm

Perhaps visit lost treasures Brisbane and see what New Waterproof detector can be obtained for less than $500.

Goldpick
07 December 2019 10:06 pm

As above, Makro Nokta Simplex + has nearly all the features and performance of the AT Pro for nearly half the price with wireless headphones, or under half the price without the wireless headphones. Features it has over the AT Pro include screen and keypad backlighting, internal lithium battery, vibrating handle, iron audio with volume control, wireless headphone capability, USB updateable, lighter weight, and LED torch.

That's a pretty impressive set of features for an extremely low price, and they don't skimp on performance either for a waterproof budget priced detector. The AT Pro is really overpriced considering how old the platform is now - although it is a popular detector, it would be more attractive if a few hundred was knocked off the current retail price in Oz.

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, XP MI-6, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

4 users like this post: grubstake, madtuna, Mike501, Jackthehound

Mike501
07 December 2019 11:10 pm

Thanks for the feed back guys has given me some more options to look at.

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Mike501
08 December 2019 12:09 pm

Goldpick wrote:

As above, Makro Nokta Simplex + has nearly all the features and performance of the AT Pro for nearly half the price with wireless headphones, or under half the price without the wireless headphones. Features it has over the AT Pro include screen and keypad backlighting, internal lithium battery, vibrating handle, iron audio with volume control, wireless headphone capability, USB updateable, lighter weight, and LED torch.

That's a pretty impressive set of features for an extremely low price, and they don't skimp on performance either for a waterproof budget priced detector. The AT Pro is really overpriced considering how old the platform is now - although it is a popular detector, it would be more attractive if a few hundred was knocked off the current retail price in Oz.

Goldpick, this looks like a great machine for the price thanks for letting me know, do you have one of these?

Mike501
08 December 2019 02:15 pm

Goldpick wrote:

Hi Goldpick, it looks like I could get a Equinox 600 for $500 new, which one would you take? The nokta Makro simplex + or the equinox 600.

Cheers.

rockdev
08 December 2019 08:24 pm

If you can get an Equinox 600 for $500 mate grab it and run... pickshovel

Last edited by rockdev (08 December 2019 08:24 pm)

Equinox 800, Xp Deus.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site