Just got a QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was swapping between the QED & SDC regularly up until recently (no bungee etc. used). I could barely notice any weight difference at all between them although my QED would have been around 1.5-1.6kg with the 11" Detech mono vs. SDC at 2.3kg.
The GPX weighs in at 2.4kg.
Some "bricks" that I think would have been noticeable without bungee etc.:
Garrett ATX = 3.13kg
Minelab GPZ = 3.32kg
(both with standard coils)
IMO none of them are unmanageable weight wise with a good set up for whatever choice you make. I wouldn't choose a detector based solely on weight either.

Edit: Actually the weight of the QED PL2 package with 11" coil is advertised separately on different sites as 1.78kg & approx. 2kg - heavier than I thought. Still nice & light though :Y:
SDC about 2.5kg with batteries - still light enough :Y:

ctxkid said:
Heatho said:
Here's another writeup from a member that just got back from WA, he bought a QED for patch hunting over there but had some issues with it's ground balance. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27432

reading that this morning , i got the opinion he dislikes it ;)

but i have one question.....without extensive googling.......what is a qed :eek: please explain :8

QED detector, have a google about it. Careful though if you join the forum where the manufacturer hangs out, the owner of that forum is unstable and will rip shreds off anyone who reports negatively on said detector.

Heatho said:
ctxkid said:
Heatho said:
Here's another writeup from a member that just got back from WA, he bought a QED for patch hunting over there but had some issues with it's ground balance. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27432

reading that this morning , i got the opinion he dislikes it ;)

but i have one question.....without extensive googling.......what is a qed :eek: please explain :8

QED detector, have a google about it. Careful though if you join the forum where the manufacturer hangs out, the owner of that forum is unstable and will rip shreds off anyone who reports negatively on said detector.
thanx Heath , i had a look about ! don't think i will be buying one anytime soon :Y:

the forum owner and i would not get off on the right foot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I'd hate to differ here, but I must have the special version SDC .................... providing it's not down a four foot hole my SDC finds the small gold and just about blows it's speaker when it's over the big gold :Y: True in that it may not be as ergonomically friendly as the not Quite Equal Detector but at it's minimal weight, have seriously never found it to be an issue ? ;)

Heatho said:

Careful... Vexatious defamation lawsuits are on the rise

Nuggetbuster said:
Heatho said:

I didn't mention any particular person or place and won't.

They do though. :)

Heatho said:
Nuggetbuster said:
Heatho said:

I didn't mention any particular person or place and won't.

They do though. :)

True. They can dish it out but can't take it in return.

I really have to comment here and this my own personal experience.
QED.
I have one.
There is a stigma attached to this machine and that is bloody wrong.
I got very curious about one and I must admit, Owing to a few backwards
steps not owing to both the manufacturer and some thing else I won't mention,
I got a bit #$%@ed off.
( More to come. Got a phone call. )

Tathradj said:
QED.
I have one.
I got a bit pissed off.
i just bought one as well, not commenting too much bs attatched to this aus made detector, all il say is one of the main reasons for purchase is made localy :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Good on you grumpygold. If there is anything I can help you with, please give me a call. It is a very good machine.

Tathradj said:
QED.
I have one.
I got a bit pissed off.
Intrigued by what backwards steps & more to come?

Latest posts