Fossickers / Prospectors - iPad / iPhone / Android App in development

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazingly our forum poll is currently reflective of the latest market data. Will be interesting to see this one develop over time.

1424056891_ios.png

LC76 said:
I think its a great idea.

As much as that video was fun to watch i would consider either you are someone you have chosen to appear in a new video and introduce us to the "App" and tell us what it will do and why we need it.

I think most of if not all do understand that nothing comes free and a project like this isnt easy,so would be more than willing to help out a little.

Maybe offer those who pledge,something like a map package or a spare copy to gift to a friend??
Or maybe just getting it done is enough for everyone.

Ok added a couple of spare copies to gift to friends and family to the rewards.

LC76 said:
I think its a great idea.

As much as that video was fun to watch i would consider either you are someone you have chosen to appear in a new video and introduce us to the "App" and tell us what it will do and why we need it.

Sorry that was meant to read "either you OR someone you have chosen"

well results are in i think ive let this one go for long enough, no one has voted for some time.

As expected Android here the clear favorite

1425603249_ios_vs_androi.png

Hi All,

Just a quick update on the project.

The Kickstarter project it is currently in the process of being reviewed and hopefully approved by Kickstarter before it can go public and start to accept pledges.

There is no guarantee that this approach will work but it is at least worth a shot to keep the project going.

I would love to be working on an Android version of the app but that will have to wait until I can get the funding together to purchase the tools and equipment needed to setup my development environment for it.

As soon as I am able to fund it I will immediately start work on the Android version as the tools I use allow me to target multiple platforms at once with the one code base.

I can reuse about 70% of the code from the Apple iOS version using the cross platform tools I have chosen. That just leaves the 30% platform specific Android code for things like GPS, Accelerometer, Mapping, etc.

So when it does happen it should happen fairly quickly.

In the meantime I am trying my hardest to get the Apple iOS version finished and into the App store so it can help fund the project also.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement so far it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Grant

Hi Grant,
I'm an android user and have a Pipo 10" Tablet with gps built in, I also use Memory maps, the maps have to be downloaded to the device for the 1st use but can then be used offline.

As for data here in South Aus we can access the mines department SARIG portal, its free and has all the ML/EL in the state along with what commodity, and each commodity can be turned on/off by the user.

Sorry if this has been brought up before and I've missed it.

I find SARIG really useful although it does take some getting used to.

Cheers,
Paul

Hi guy's. I have been away for a while (not prospecting, sadly.) What was the latest update with Grant's great sounding App?
Cheers,
Grizzly.

OLD Post...

Any updates OR recommendation of another good solution.

Android and using off line due to no network connectivity..

Been searching and keep finding crap half assed apps but few even com close to what the one proposed was able to do.

Latest posts