Lismore Gemfest

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't live too far from the gem club in Lismore. They organise Gemfest. Went to a committee meeting (by chance :) ) and theft was highest on the agenda.
I'm not on the committee or in any way authorised to say anything, but I do have a feeling there will be significantly higher numbers of enforcement people there this year. :)

Good, We have only been asking for better Security for Years.... I think the 'Tusk' stolen last year was the Turning point...

LW....

I've never actually been to Gemfest, but I did go down to Minerama a couple of weeks ago. It would have been dead easy to pocket stuff if I had wanted to. Lots of the people displaying stuff were too deeply engaged chin-wagging with other people displaying stuff to be paying very much (if any) attention to visitors. Some displays were COMPLETELY unattended!!!
If I were displaying stuff I would be watching it like a hawk and possibly even using my own surveillance cameras. They are not expensive these days. Signs warning of surveillance video and even dummy cameras would also have a good effect.

A lot do the Camera thing.... I have noticed that happens a lot at Minerama. Disappearing Stallholders.. Im always 'looking' after other peoples stores and some just don't care about Security at all.. But Lismore is the worst I know for getting stuff knocked off..... So hopefully there is a change coming... :Y:

LW....

Latest posts