⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick1 said:
I tried swinging this morning but it was too hot and the flies were out enmasse. A Bull Ant also gave me a "kiss"...twice, on the ankle. Gave up after an hour.
Just wasn't very enjoyable today.

if you feel inclined there are things called phase change cooling vests , mine workers and welders love them in summer.

You can find them on eBay or gumtree , they will give you about 3 hours of air conditioning for your upper body .

If you are digging non stop they might give you the shits because of the weight so maybe look for some reviews before buying or try one in a shop then buy it from eBay :8

I own two of them and 4 spare ice packs , if I am going inside confined spaces for welding I wouldnt entertain the thought without using them.

Hi Folks

Did a bad thing this morning. Read the forum at breaky time and was silly enough to watch a couple of Nenad YouTube clips that Heatho posted on the use of the SDC. The clips gave me a big dose of gold fever and had me thinking abut getting out for a swing. I had made myself a promise that I wouldnt be going out during the summer heat but the disease got the better the of me. Took the SDC late this afternoon to a spot that I knew was full of bullet casings that the army left quite a few years ago. I had not pulled much gold from this area in the past but I had a feeling that there should be something worth taking home. My theory was correct. Hundreds of the buggers. Couldnt hide the coil from them.
1516448277_8ab69a93-9c50-4565-97ec-2a25788f6209.jpg

They were everywhere. Under stones, in clay, at the bottom of rock bars. I just couldnt escape them. In the end I had to walk away from the screaming signals and look for more subtle changes in the threshold. Finally got a signal that was worth digging.
1516448992_05a476e2-2857-4dfa-84b7-f665a878969e.jpg

1516449015_040f1de4-5c1d-4d4b-8096-188e1dce2213.jpg

Unfortunately I will now have to go back and dig everything just in case one of those screaming signals turns out to be a solid chunk of yellow. Hopefully theres good money in scrap brass. Lol

Cheers

Les

Lesgold said:
Hi Folks

Did a bad thing this morning. Read the forum at breaky time and was silly enough to watch a couple of Nenad YouTube clips that Heatho posted on the use of the SDC. The clips gave me a big dose of gold fever and had me thinking abut getting out for a swing. I had made myself a promise that I wouldnt be going out during the summer heat but the disease got the better the of me. Took the SDC late this afternoon to a spot that I knew was full of bullet casings that the army left quite a few years ago. I had not pulled much gold from this area in the past but I had a feeling that there should be something worth taking home. My theory was correct. Hundreds of the buggers. Couldnt hide the coil from them.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8277_8ab69a93-9c50-4565-97ec-2a25788f6209.jpg
They were everywhere. Under stones, in clay, at the bottom of rock bars. I just couldnt escape them. In the end I had to walk away from the screaming signals and look for more subtle changes in the threshold. Finally got a signal that was worth digging.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8992_05a476e2-2857-4dfa-84b7-f665a878969e.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...9015_040f1de4-5c1d-4d4b-8096-188e1dce2213.jpg
Unfortunately I will now have to go back and dig everything just in case one of those screaming signals turns out to be a solid chunk of yellow. Hopefully theres good money in scrap brass. Lol

Cheers

Les

Firing on all cylinders :Y: nice piece.

I know what you mean about the area, have had the same experience but they must mask a bit of gold!

You are right there Willo. Only one thing for it, dig every target and clean the area up. Each casing gives a signal for quite a large area and could potentially mask a piece of gold. You could also get lucky with one of those screaming beeps. I worked this spot yesterday due to the fact that many people would often get the sh#ts with all the rubbish and walk away. Ive done that myself in that particular area. I just got lucky this time.

Cheers

Les

1516928539_2df8acce-b978-49fc-b140-3659839b18aa.jpg

Hi folks well went out for a bit of scouting around found a spot wasnt going to get the detector out but glad I did. New spot. Happy Australia Day gold for the hard core :) :party: spent 4 hrs out there bloody hot!!!!! plenty others about looking too. At least Im not the only stupid one hehe...
Scotty :Y:

Sleckie74 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8539_2df8acce-b978-49fc-b140-3659839b18aa.jpg
Hi folks well went out for a bit of scouting around found a spot wasnt going to get the detector out but glad I did. New spot. Happy Australia Day gold for the hard core :) :party: spent 4 hrs out there bloody hot!!!!! plenty others about looking too. At least Im not the only stupid one hehe...
Well done again Scotty. Me and Gaz some of the stupid ones out too, we found nothing again tho. Grrrrr

Flowerpot said:
Sleckie74 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8539_2df8acce-b978-49fc-b140-3659839b18aa.jpg
Well done again Scotty. Me and Gaz some of the stupid ones out too, we found nothing again tho. Grrrrr
Thanks KERRIE. never mind hows Gaz going with his new machine? Ill try to catch up with you both soon!!

Always nice to see Gold being found

Havent been able to get out for about 6 months , but the time is near

Thanks all for the show & tell - the inspiration helps a lot :Y: :Y: :Y:

Latest posts