Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
Sounds like you are going to need a backhoe going by those depths (or a lot of hard yakka), will be interesting to see what turns up. :)

Yes I am looking forward to it, beneath the honey hole is an old pond full of past residents rubbish and lots of grass dirt....Made me think what did I used to do when I saw a fish pond?
I threw coins at them.... LOL Will be another interesting dig... And I am cleaning out the junk in the process. :)
I will try and do lots of photos of progress and also finds dig by dig.... :Y: :D

Cheers GDA

cashgoldsilver said:
Why do we find so many pennies cut in half like that :/

It can't be cut by a lawn mower right because the cut is so clean and it is cut perfectly in half also,or am I wrong which doesn't happen very often except with the state of origin 8)

Please don't tell me it is the leprechaun's :D you know from Ireland :lol:
:eek: 8)
images

Gda here's your new Avatar :p :lol: :Y:

B5MECH said:
cashgoldsilver said:
Why do we find so many pennies cut in half like that :/

It can't be cut by a lawn mower right because the cut is so clean and it is cut perfectly in half also,or am I wrong which doesn't happen very often except with the state of origin 8)

Please don't tell me it is the leprechaun's :D you know from Ireland :lol:
:eek: 8)
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...nGO1FhKQalhn-7arRJgN6VDuUzTWlzSFyZsTa6-apRsBw
Gda here's your new Avatar :p :lol: :Y:

LOLOL Not yet I am not shaving my head until late August... :) :Y:

I couldn't resist another quicky on the lawn last night.....First target a nice 1948 Half Penny only 2 feet from the one earlier in the day....
I also found some beautiful old relics from Chest of Drawers I believe....Can only imagine what else I could find and feeling quite excited at the prospect of finding more of the same.
They don't make em like this anymore.

1498143158_penny.jpg

1498143196_finds.jpg

Cleaned under running water with a Pot Scrubber...

1498143228_chest2.jpg

1498143245_chest_3.jpg

1498143264_chest.jpg

Cheers and best of digs to everyone....big day today so need to rest up. :)

GDA...

I went for an unproductive hunt whilst in wait a while mode this morning, just a few shotty shells, not nice old ones though, just red plastics. :D

I went for a stroll tonight back to the 1850s treasure trove.
Lots of really really deep targets, I tried to dig down to one and never reached it so I stopped and focused on all of the shallower targets that I may have missed, I also tried another area with a little success in the form of 2 Buckles...Maybe Shoe buckles?
I will keep going back as I noticed the 705 was behaving tonight and more and more targets are showing up for me.
My finds nothing spectacular but I did manage a Car and another thimble, it was an early night for me as the weather wasn't playing nice and the rain washed away my dream of finding a Sovereign tonight.
I've been invited back to a spot with a mate on Sunday Morning he just keeps pulling Silvers out of the ground....I believe he has dug up over a hundred in the last 2 months and he is also called the Florin King because just about every dig you guessed it a florin or two or four....

1498221027_finds.jpg

1498221093_car.jpg

1498221110_thimble.jpg

1498221122_button_buckle.jpg
\

Not sure what it is made out of but it does bounce....

1498221145_marble.jpg

Best of digs to everyone, happy days to all.

Cheers GDA :Y: :Y: :Y:

:lol: :lol: double :cool: :Y: :rainbow: :party: love the lead armored vehicle :eek: :Y:
No idea looks like a key to a square knob...could be water key :rolleyes: :lol:
So what did the marble ring up at? :eek:

B5MECH said:
:lol: :lol: double :cool: :Y: :rainbow: :party: love the lead armored vehicle :eek: :Y:
No idea looks like a key to a square knob...could be water key :rolleyes: :lol:
So what did the marble ring up at? :eek:

It didn't, I was after another target in the hole full of broken dinner plates then out it popped with a hand full of dirt. :Y:

I've seen 4 Sovereigns found over the last two weeks, 3 of them today on Facebook posts.....Amazing really considering I am looking for one myself.
Today's Double Sovereign found by someone was 30 Years in the making 3 coins in one hole all of them 1890 the third coin Silver but not sure what that was....
SO they're out there, just need to swing the coil over them....He did say it was a scratchy signal bouncing around like a bottle cap and he is happy he dug the signal.

I wonder what tomorrow is going to bring.... :) One can only swing the coil over the signal and decide whether to dig it or not.
Happy days all.. :)

I borrowed the picture off facebook...

1498290130_19399691_1513823205344671_865538944316996922_n.jpg

So today Kiara aka Golddiggergirl and myself went for a dig to a mates spot. He of course started off like a Rocket and pulled a Penny and some brown buggers while I pulled out ring pulls which sounded like Silvers and Pennies.....I tool a while to find a good target but that's how it goes sometimes.
We walked around to spots looking for some coinage, relics and walked and walked but nothing much of interest other than a $2 coin which was my first goldie for 2 hours of walking, swinging and digging.
With just over an hour left for me to dig we hit on a spot that had already been done but there were spots that hadn't been checked properly.
My first target a crisp 36 TID gave me a 1924 Com Penny, then I started hitting goodies, 20c followed by another then 10 c followed by another and finally another crisp 36 signal...Wasn't expecting to see a Silver pop out of the ground which was a relief because I really wanted to get one especially since my mate had pulled over 150 - 200 from the area.
I had a good day and thanked him for the invite again, when I left he had 2 pennies, lots of bbs a few goldies and a threepence, he said he'd stay for another hour or so because he wanted to pull out a Florin.

1498372745_finds.jpg

1498372780_spoon.jpg

1498372797_cannon.jpg

1498372812_penny.jpg

All nice and clean S&V then a little rub with water and Baking Soda...

1498372854_shilling.jpg

Until next time best of digs to you all, happy days and lots of fun. :)

Cheers GDA :Y: :Y: :Y:

I love that cool :cool: canon standing at attention,very very nice 8)

And any time you find silver it is a good day :Y:

P.S. nice penmanship :D

Latest posts