Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently went out for a 7 day outing and took a few alkaline batteries with me along with the 5000mah rechargeable batteries, charged when I left home but went flat quickly , so they may take a few charges to get back to normal, had 4 rare aldi rechargeable , they lasted about 3 hours but they are only 300 mah, the alkalines are useless, lucky to last 2 hours , they still show voltage of 1.2 to 1.3 volts but don't crank the SDC 2300 over , perhaps its the amps needed, so overall I used 48 alkaline energised batteries , aldi, sony, panasonic kodak and duracell, still got em for other electronics but went to jay car to invested in a set of batteries in desperation but they were only 4500 mha , we shall see how they perform against the minelab rechargeables and the set of 4 will set you back about $60, a day in the bush detecting is better than 2 hours in the bush learned the hard way thought that 4 x 1.5 volt batteries had an edge on 4 x 1.2 volt rechargeables , perhaps Jaycar should stock the minelab batteries as they sell the cheaper range of minelab detectors

Well , I bought the B&Z booster as per your suggestions and have the single speaker so there will be a few modifications to the cover that I bought , inhind sight , after using the SDC , the cover is so and so , basically fits the SDC but not a perfect fit with the fastening system, at $75 it could be better, so the next task is to make my own , the plastic coil plate hinge protector professionally made by a fellow dectectorist on his 3D printer was excellent , worth the $20 if you see them for sale thanks for your advise on the speaker issue , what was noted was that after a few hours use there appeared to be a crackling sound , noticeable amonst the other SDC owners on the outings, it came and went as the day got warmer, so that may require a minelab service on the possible cause , thanks for your imput and suggestions

Just a tip for any one using a speaker ,get some 50 mm pvc pipe cut it on a angle and glue it on the front of the speaker by doing the it redirects the sound up at you and not out in front of you regards john :Y:
1494111186_p1040468.jpg

Hi fellow diggers went out today for a scratch and swing in a creek lots of big rocks and sand,,,,,and my sdc2300 kept on and off ,,,,I worked out that every time I hit a solid item like a rock the bloody thing would switch off and restart again....???? have tried to search for answer in forum cannot find ,,I am sure I remember some one having the same problem...but cannot find ,,,,think its to do with the battery compartment ,,,loose batteries maybe....open for suggestions...

Wrap some tape around the batteries, not too much.

And make sure you replace the battery cover on evenly when closing it up.
There are a heap of ways people overcome this but some tape is easy.

Sometimes Even thought I have tape on I need to stretch the springs..and that works for awhile..

Hi rockhunter62,,,,not trying , we already have that,,,bombs bullets and bullshit.....I always ask for advice first and then pick the best....don't invent the wheel ,just use it..nearly got the banker going waiting for some so called dream mat.....cheers

Just an idea...if their loose and rechargeable' maybe shrink wrap the batteries...may have to test first to make sure it's not too thick
No sticky take crud when the battery gets warm ;)

You would think that after, what,? 4-5 years since the release of the sdc2300, minelab would have addressed this issue? Seriously, that is piss poor. All they have to do is supply different batteries.....

got the fever said:
Got tape around mine as well. Never had a problem since. Easy cheap fix- personally I'd leave the springs alone. ???
Easiest, cheapest, no fuss fix along with ensuring that the battery cover is put on evenly/correctly. Unfortunately a lot make a mountain out of a mole hill.

davent said:
You would think that after, what,? 4-5 years since the release of the sdc2300, minelab would have addressed this issue? Seriously, that is piss poor. All they have to do is supply different batteries.....

X2

I haven't had one issue with mine in over 15 months
I use the enecharger batteries that came with the sdc.
I bought a second set of Varta rechargeables and usually use duracell non rechargeables if I cant get to any power.

Must be a slight difference in there somewhere.
I load mine up and make sure the cover is secure and never once had it fail.

Strange

The machine is only a few months old, with original battery pack....maybe it a sweat problem..after charging they are warm ,,,,so from now on will let them cool down before putting into the battery box....??????will give every bit of advice a go...thanks for the come back everyone......beers are on me.....

Well I ve fixed the problem with a vitamin B fizzy borocca container,,,,cut to length and then cut in half length way you end up with two bits ,,,one for each side of battery compartment job done and fixed,,,,ya ho....

Latest posts