Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
You would think that after, what,? 4-5 years since the release of the sdc2300, minelab would have addressed this issue? Seriously, that is piss poor. All they have to do is supply different batteries.....
Too right Davent,pretty ordinary that a $3000 detector needs to be Band-Aid fixed with a berrocca container,toilet roll or a McDonald's straw. :N: :N: :N:

Eldorado said:
davent said:
You would think that after, what,? 4-5 years since the release of the sdc2300, minelab would have addressed this issue? Seriously, that is piss poor. All they have to do is supply different batteries.....
Too right Davent,pretty ordinary that a $3000 detector needs to be Band-Aid fixed with a berrocca container,toilet roll or a McDonald's straw. :N: :N: :N:

Agree.. :Y:
Before this thread started I assumed they had the same rechargeable batterys the GPZ has :eek: and a recharge kit :eek: 8.(
That's really a massive let down!!!! :N: :N: :N:
Considering the price and level of engineering that went into producing such a fantastic machine. :mad:
Such a shame to hear this.

Agree if you were to buy a new machine Now they should be supplied with better fitting batteries but 5 cents of electrical tape 3 years ago and no issues ever since , a small price to pay for a machine that can likely pay for itself in gold in the hands of an average Joe. Strange but common theme that ongoing ( after tape ) negativity on the non issue does not seem to come from those that actually own an SDC.

Good choice of machine JD good luck with it

Oh FFS it's barely an issue not the drama you guys are carrying on with. 10c worth of tape & making sure the caps on properly allowed me trouble free detecting of ounces of gold with the SDC!!! Build a bridge & get on with it. At least it comes with rechargeables + a charger - a lot don't.
Don't want to carry out the cheap, easy fixes then don't buy a SDC. Get something else with no supplied batteries. At least you'll still be getting some exercise ]:D

Eldorado said:
davent said:

Closer to $4000 ... But its only been out for less than 3 years, so give em time to develop a fix :8

Seriously, it isn't the detector, it's just the batteries that were supplied with some (most?) units

mbasko said:
Bacchus said:
Strange but common theme that ongoing ( after tape ) negativity on the non issue does not seem to come from those that actually own an SDC.
Couldn't agree more! Regret having to sell mine - battery non issue & all :p

Ok after much deliberation will regrettably swap with your Z Matt to help you out ;)

YEP. Just like a few other devices I have had...

Some batteries work well; and some are loose or WILL NOT FIT...

The standards for some batteries are rather vague and with Lipo and Rechargeable's it all becomes a dogs breakfast... 9V battries can have 3 to 4 mm difference in lengths and another 3 to 4mm in size; so if you try to cover all possible variations and or types of battries... The Battery compartment becomes full of springs and shit that will break...

Hence I can understand why some manufacturers just opt for a Manufacturer Battery Pack ( 3030 or 7000) = Expensive and a PITA but at least they fit.

WOW :eek:
This thread exploded.... :lol: :N:

I don't know why everyone all of a sudden so defensive... O:) ]:D

From what I can read "No One" was putting down the SDC's capabilities at all!!!!! :8 :D

I for one was just really surprised to find out that the SDC didn't come with a rechargeable battery pack and recharger :eek: :eek: :eek: :N: :N: :N:

True :Y: I don't own a SDC but I do own a GPZ :Y: :D
I just assumed minelab would have fitted the same "powerpack" system to the SDC. :Y:
I wouldn't be very impressed spending $3000 to put C cell battery's in it and have to replace them all the time. :N:
As I said, I'm not putting the SDC down at all.
Just minelab's choice of power supply for it, when it didn't have to be that way. ]:D

I was told that the SDC was designed to take the USA C battery that is lightly larger in diameter than the Australian C battery. When you check the relative spec , the US battery is about 3mm larger than the Aust C battery. You would think that in this age something like a battery would be standard across the world.

Latest posts