Xterra 705 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well three days Grinding the Silver Sand pit for junk :mad: So i started reading a few a ebooks on how to find silver coins in trashy ground with your xterra... most of it i had already worked out...But one tip kept coming up...Now ive tried this tip before but i was doin it wrong...So here it is and i will be using it when ever the ground is just to trashy....You need a dd coil.....Auto noise cancel....Set Tones to 99...Yes 99....you will get a much more accurate tone on coins in this setting...Even though it is extremely annoying...but trust me it works.... ..Go to a discrimination mode..Not all metal.... and only blank out the last number.....On an xterra 705 this is 48...Set sensitivity as low as possible....for the area i was working this was 18....Manual ground balance.....swing very slow... i did this for 2 hrs today and only dug 3 targets ...as i know the rest was junk..because they were holes i had dug before and left the metal in the ground..(i can do that cause its my house :lol: )...2 were good signals that turned out to be aluminium window frame off cuts...The other was a 1920 shilling :D :D
1487924902_20170224_174220-800x600.jpg
1487924923_20170224_174249-600x800.jpg
1487924935_20170224_174256-600x800.jpg
2mins in the electrolesses bath...and a quick rub with bicarbsoda
1487924988_20170224_180227-600x800.jpg

ktmman said:
I'll give this a go on the trashy part of my spot on the weekend and see how I go Smoky.
Hey ktmman..This is supposed to work best with the lower frequency smaller dd coils so you can find the coins in amongst all the junk...if you get a high tone target narrow your sweep to an inch or two and repeatedly sweep the target ..then slowly move the coil towards your feet...while continuing the small sweeps....If the tone stays high ...until you have left the target...then dig it...if it switches to a low tone just as you are leaving the target its iron with what they call the wrap around effect.. Some iron can sound like a coin.Hope this makes sence :Y:

B5MECH said:
That'll teach you not to take your trash with you :lol: :lol: :p Did you take your trash this time ]:D It'll still be there next time if you didn't :lol:
:cool: :Y:
I will b5..I will start removing it all tomorrow...May need the wheelie bin though...Theres alot :lol:I deliberately left it there in the first place so i could hone my skills with the xterra :p :lol:

Cheers Danny :Y: When i found the coin..i switched back to my usual discrimination pattern for coins..To hear the difference ....And it was blanking alot..So i would not usually have dug that target...Switched back to the new patern an the high tone was much clearer...Definitely good for sniffing out those hard to find coins :Y:

AtomRat said:
Sounds like uve found a rippa spot smoky! Great finds!
Hey AR..Its my goto spot when i just need to have a swing..20 mtrs from the back door... :lol: :lol: Its great to be able to scratch that itch...really quickly :Y: :lol:

Latest posts