Oallen Ford NSW Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone been down to the river via the two tracks just past the bridge towards Nerriga on your left?I have tried to get to the river by the track marked in photo but it got a bit sandy where the mark is and as I don't have a 4WD I didn't go any further.There has to be some yellow down there somewhere.We could probably camp down there as well.
1485865323_image.jpg

We have been down there a few times, but a 4WD is recommended and do not leave the track too much if it has been raining as it gets really soft in parts. You still cant get all the way down to the river unless you walk as the old tracks have been eroded out .

Yeah i go down there... It's nice and quiet. But bloody hell the hike up and down the hill to the car is a killer when you have equipment...

Yea i got to admit it was the climb back up the hill at the end of the day is what put us off going back more, wonder how hard it would be to put a working bee on to repair the track?

That area is a Nature Conservation Area and is subject to you not leaving the formed tracks and or digging.
I am trying to amass some info but be warned, It also may be subject to a Native Title Claim.

Has this happened since the bridge Tarth? I remember when the bridge was being built i saw a native title application that seemed to cover the whole ford, but could not find any claims or titles on the area at the moment.

Also it is not listed anywhere as a conservation area? Otherwise national parks would be managing it from my understanding.
Wasn't the signage that went up in relation to "reserve for environmental protection" whatever that actually means. I thought it was something to do with rejuvenation after the new bridge, which shouldn't have anything to do with the upper area?

Reserve for environmental protection signs have been up for a while before the new bridge went in
and I asked the crown Lands department is it a tenure lease.
They said yes it is.
The claim is the stumbling block and I am trying to find out where it is so I would not upset any one by being there.

Cheers Tarth.
I will try and have a look next time we are out that way, i never remember seeing any signs in the area until after the construction of the bridge and that was around the bridge i thought, but i don't think went near the top to see any new signs. Are you talking about the area immediately above the bridge and gravel bar or further up the road near the tracks that start near the fence line of the neighboring private property?

With the amount of 4WD and dirt bikes that camp out there and drive around i thought we would be the least of the problem 8.(

shivan said:
There is an EL that covers the whole area but its the ML's you need to be careful of. From what i remember they are after sand, quartzite and gold.
There has been a ML for as long as i have been heading out there (about 6-7 years now), though it seems they have enlarged the original lease and also started a second.

I know a bloke that was trying to contact the company about access for years with no reply :( But other may have better luck.

Again i don't want to be a downer but it is up to us to be doing due diligence before we head out to a new spot ( or even before heading out to an old spot if its been a while).

This is a great tool:
http://minview.minerals.nsw.gov.au/mv2web/mv2

This is the company operating that lease now

http://www.hiquality.com.au/quarry/oallen-gold-mine-sand-gravel

Hi guys
New to all this
But looking forward to learning more!
Just thought if anyone find out whether u can or can't go on lot mentioned above ??

Thanks!!

Is anyone heading out to oallen this week? For im taking my high banker out for its first run. And any tips and constructive criticism would be more than welcome.

Just make sure you are running your banker back from the waters edge.
There are some problems being dealt with out there this week and there
will be a presence of Government Bodies having a meeting to decide on
what to do.
Also be aware that High Banking is still in the Grey Area with the regulations.
Fossicking is OK. no problems there but be mind full that you will be most likely
watched.
It is the Anti Social Behavior, Damage to the sign's and rubbish that is causing all
the grief. :N: :N: :N:

Latest posts