🎄Merry Christmas / Xmas!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Staying at home in Darwin. Having Christmas dinner on Christmas eve. Going to attempt a glazed ham in the Webber, few friends coming, lots of beer and rum by the pool weather permitting,

If anyone has done a glazed ham in a Webber, feel free to give advice, I'm going by a book at this stage.

Davent
Haven't done a ham but have done lamb a couple of times in the Ziggy (same as a Webber).
First time I followed the book which said to put the lamb on a trivet (rack) in a backing tray, and put some basting liquid in the tray. Big mistake with the liquid in the tray. In a very short time the liquid evaporated and I had a burning mess. Lesson quickly learned, don't put the liquid in the tray.
Was able to save the lamb by swapping over the tray for a clean one. Just regularly brush the basting liquid on to the meet. Works a treat. It's a bit like detecting ...... Cook low and slow. Use a roast thermometer and cook until you get the desired temp in the middle of the piece of meet. Can't go wrong.
Oh ...... Start off on high heat and then turn it down. From memory about 15 or so minutes on high.
Merry Christmas.
Cheers Dig'n-it :p

Any where / thing but work will suit me fine after today I've had a gut full. Tomorrow is my last day before chrissy, Surf Coast treating sewage. Friday is our anniversary so taking the wife to the Windsor for a night on the town (look out Melbourne, I'm thirsty) can't get a better start than that everything thing else is a bonus. Back to the grind stone next Wednesday then off to Somers from the 30th till the 2nd, catch a few Squid at Flinders and bugger all else unless it involves beer. Merry Christmas and a prosperous prospecting New Year to all.

Christmas day I'll be home in Adelaide with family, day after boxing day head to streaky bay fishing and crabbing for a week then across nullabour to Esperence, jan feb Albany to Margaret River to Perth at start of march. Then march april to Kalbarri and Shark Bay. Mid april to start of September will be in Leonora sniffing around

Davent, I'd be having ice cream cake instead of a hot baked ham. Darwin at Christmas time is no fun, bloody hot and humid. give me straight heat anytime. Before I retired I spent the last five years working in aboriginal communities in Arnhem land. I know you get used to it but not my cup of tea. I was born in Darwin then family moved to Adelaide, june july august nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Enjoy your Chrissy day and hope 2017 gives up lots of gold for you and yours

Ill be off to the coast around SA to do some fishing.
Eyre peninsula for a few days then over to york peninsula for new years.
No gold for me until 2017 8.(

No matter where you are nationally or internationally I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Year.

I would like to thanks the support shown and the encouragement of others via this forum.
It is great to see everyone enjoying "Prospecting".

We may not all find the yellow stuff but we all enjoy the outdoors and the company of others and the thrill of the hunt..

Also thanks to the ongoing support from the numerous moderators who manage to keep this forum supportive and safe.

Thanks for your vigilence.

Hey Jaros, very sorry about the back probs mate, and hope you're soon on the mend.
I'm planning a 4 day trip back to the GT after Christmas. First in about a month. As Dig'n-it said, it's going to be hot :eek:
Hope to catch up with many friends met through PA out there - there's quite a crowd of us these days.
Trouble is, we spend too much time gasbagging according to my Daughter :lol:
Wishing all a Happy Christmas :)

Took leave from work a couple of days ago , not going back till the 16th jan. spending Christmas time with my young family and relys, . Finishing the backyard . Finding more decimals at the beaches :) spending a few days in the Sunshine Coast , an a couple of days with the family down at Yamba . Wishing all a merry Christmas and new year :)

Danny13 said:
Took leave from work a couple of days ago , not going back till the 16th jan. spending Christmas time with my young family and relys, . Finishing the backyard . Finding more decimals at the beaches :) spending a few days in the Sunshine Coast , an a couple of days with the family down at Yamba . Wishing all a merry Christmas and new year :)
Nice place Danny. .i lived in yamba in the 70s..till i was 14...loved it..plenty of old coins on main beach :D

Hello all.

I wish all of you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year on behalf of my team and company.

THANK YOU for a great 2016 and your support guys!

Dilek Gonulay
Sales and Marketing Manager

1482508819_komposizyon_christmas.jpg

Latest posts