GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Nenad and SteelPat, Thank you so much for your settings, I'm using Sennheiser Adidas Sport headphones. Would you have an idea how high the volume settings should be? Thanks in advance, Hermann.

Hi
I have been reading this tread and found it most informative.
I have a 5000 ( 50/50 with a mate ) and have now got the ear tuned for lead / gold.
I am thinking about the 7000 and would be interested in your feedback.
Is it worth the upgrade?
I can only get out from time to time in the GT area.

thanks scotty

SteelPat said:
Nenad, do you find the earbud style better than the stock Koss headphones that come with the Z?

I nearly always use the Sunray Pro Gold headphones. Most earbud headphones don't have much volume.

got told today to try audio smoothing highl and sensitivity 16 to 18, has anyone else found this better? I'm finding that my mates with the 4 and 5s are getting greater depth!

Yeah I'm having success using low smoothing and cranking the sensivity up. Anything to stop it chattering.

Im also having to to a full reset a few times a day, it may be because I frequently swap between gold modes... is anyone else having to do this?

In a spot I can normally run High Yield Normal with a low Sensitivity setting, usually around 6, today was just not happening as the ground is water logged. So I went to Difficult and it was super smooth. I progressively cranked the Sensitivity until I started to hear the ground - this was on 16. Only problem now was my threshold was going nuts so after a Noise Cancel I went to High Smoothing. Got zero targets, so back to Low Smoothing and Sensitivity 11, and I was quite comfortable with how it was running. Got rewarded with a 0.57 grammer.

Before digging it I tried Max Sensitivity, Zero threshold - not a peep! Also tried my usual settings and it was lost in the ground noise. The only other combo that got it was: General, Difficult, Smoothing Off, Threshold 23-26.

JayMowgrass said:
Im also having to to a full reset a few times a day, it may be because I frequently swap between gold modes... is anyone else having to do this?

Haven't done a full reset in weeks. If you're going to be swapping between gold modes, just do the ferrite balance for each mode at the start of your session, and you should be right to swap modes through the day.

reckon i will go back to a 45 as i can find little difference and I've been trying since it release date! Tried nearly every setting that has been posted and still very similar to my mates with their 45s and 5s

Why not just get used to working in extra deep?
It still sounds off on the small stuff just really hard to pinpoint.
I'm going to give it a go for the next few times .
If this mode even makes the ears question a noise ,you can always switch to general to check .
I went out for a couple of hrs yesterday with extra deep ,sensitivity 16 ,threshold 26 , difficult.
My .33 picker still sounded off and I found a few small targets @ 6" or so.

The very first piece I found with the ZED was in Extra Deep/Difficult at about 12 inches

Weight was .87 of a gram.

(for info ran the 5k with a NF 17 x 11 over the signal and not a peep)

1442722132_small_one.jpg

Thanks for the advice Dug, tried it but the 4500 still beats the 7000.
might give minelab a call!

Latest posts