Crevis hand pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, thought I would share my ideas for the pump valves, I used a sink outlet 2 " , cut off the funnel and machined it down to clear the thread. You can skrew a 2" onto each end. Used 1.5 mm rubber for flap, but started with poly truck tarp. Cut down the stainless so one valve lets smaller particles through, what goes through the first valve goes through the second.
1441182670_p1010468-optimized.jpg

1441182787_p1010469-optimized.jpg

1441182806_p1010470-optimized.jpg

I made another valve out of a 2" floor waste, 50 mm flange and pipe, 1.5 mm rubber. screws and a 40 mm thred. All threds are 1.5"
1441181723_pictures_2015_247-optimized.jpg
1441181744_pictures_2015_248-optimized.jpg
1441181762_pictures_2015_249-optimized.jpg
1441181779_pictures_2015_250-optimized.jpg

Cheers All

Hi Atomrat, Works real good, the first valve I have made 2 pumps; only made one of the second valve - for the outlet side. Sucks like a bricked cammel. Used 1" flex pipe from BCF to bucket or sluice, 1" garden tap fittings for hose, put 6" of clear at outlet to see if pumping
1441184017_pictures_2015_238-optimized.jpg
. Made a bucket like the Blue bowel.

Nice set up. Does it clog up with small stones? I would love it see it in action. Thanks for sharing.

I use the stainless on the outside of the bottom or inlet vale, what goes through it will go through the outlet valve. I have reduced the end of the inlet pipe and put small bolts to limit the gravel size. You do get the odd bit of gravel up the inlet pipe, just screw off and empty. WHOLE LOT CAN BE PULLED APART IN THE field. Bloody caps, heat gun work well on plastic, and also on the glue ,if you stuff up.Used a bit of 1/4 rubber for the plunger, Leather wind mill pump bucket are the best, but pricey. found a shock absorber washer to just fit 50mm pipe and keep rubber rigid.put brass 90 elbo at top to let air and water out.first time it shot me in the nuts very cold. Made an extension for the plunger, 1m pipe and rod, can suck from 2m down.

Hi all. New to the site. Another idea for plunger material is that high density foam rubber. I better take some pics of mine as well. It won't move as much dirt as that one though. Good job mate.

Gee I like that. :) :) :)
I would say that it would have attitude as well. ;)
Well Done. :)

1444013363_imag1278_613x1024.jpg
1444013409_imag1271_1024x613.jpg

Posted this before but, since we are on the subject I will take the opportunity to show the device that I make. Pretty simple, got the ideas from this site and other fora but I now make a few in my spare time and sell them on eBay. Bit of money that goes towards diesel and the costs of my prospecting trips.

Regards,

The Peacekeeper.

A couple of days ago I've also made my own valves for my pump. They fit nicely into the standard HT pipes that are used for plumbing here in europe.

1445650826_ventil_rueckseite.jpg

1445650826_ventil_vorderseite.jpg

cecc said:
Like to see it in Action.l

Thanks cecc, here is the link to a short video I have on YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9CQ3M6t0wU&feature=youtu.be>

I don't have any of me using it in a waterway as yet as almost invariably I go bush on my own. The video you will see is as a result of strapping my phone to a deck chair with a bit of 'leco tape.

If you want one, you know where to look!

The Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper1966 said:
cecc said:
Like to see it in Action.l

Thanks cecc, here is the link to a short video I have on YouTube. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9CQ3M6t0wU&feature=youtu.be>

I don't have any of me using it in a waterway as yet as almost invariably I go bush on my own. The video you will see is as a result of strapping my phone to a deck chair with a bit of 'leco tape.

If you want one, you know where to look!

The Peacekeeper

ok thanks for that.

I was asked to show a little bit more details about my diy valve. So let's share it with all.

Here is a simple drawing and a collage of my diy valve. Depending if you want an inlet or outlet valve you have to fix the rubber with the 2 screws on the opposite site. I've used a fibre-reinforced 2.5mm thick rubber to withstand the dirt it has to go through. The two 3mm thick plastic discs that are sandwiched on the rubber are there to avoid bending of the rubber if the pressure is too high and also seves as weight to make the valve more flexible.

These valves fits nicely onto standard european HT DN50 (outer diameter 50mm) pipes. Stones and Nuggets :D up to 25mm in diameter can go through the valve without problems. The valves should be positioned as near as possible to the joint to avoid any clogging (see photo below).

Have fun!

1447236112_dani_pump_valve_config.jpg

1447236135_valve_drawing.jpg

1447236155_valve_collage.jpg

1447237195_valve_collage_2.jpg

Excellent design daniel, has anyone else noticed that daniel's drawings look like faces? Picture 1 - " ive created a new prospecting tool! "
Picture 3 - " think how much gold im going to find..."
Lol
Seriously though, great work daniel.
TGW

Are the pipe fittings removable, In Aus, they are glued or screw, thanks for sharing your build; very compact and servicable. Won't clog like mine can, hence the smaller inlet pipes and screws in the end to restrict the material size.

Latest posts