Minelab X-terra 705 General Tips, Advice, Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might just jump under this heading as I have a question on the xterra 705 gold and it's coils if that's ok?

I got a couple of dollars spare at the moment and want to buy something for my kit,
I need help in choosing to buy either a Good PIN POINTER or a MINELAB 6" 7.5khz COIL to pin point coins more accurately and to get a better idea of the shape of the target as I only have the standard elliptical 18.75khz at the moment?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

hey everyone,
going to pick up a 705 tomorrow is it worth getting the dual pack ?? with the extra coil ?
or am i safe just to get the x-terra gold....i want it just for relic and coins

cheers luke

Tossed up the same decision myself and decided the extra few buxks for a waterproof coil was a good deal.

Then I bought an SDC and got a 305 chucked in.

Had I not been lured by the shiny toy that is the SDC though, the dual pack 705 would be the go.

Your not going to cover much ground with that small coil. Keep persisting with the gold coil, you will get good with pinpointing.....most of the time I dont use the pinpoint function at all. The sound, and depth meter will tell the tale....when the target sounds its clearest, balanced, and is at its shallowest on the meter, then dig. I am getting the 7.5khz, 10.5 inch double D coil, for my birthday tomorrow. I reckon it will cover more ground, and still give excellent target seperation, and hopefully a little better on high conductors.

I am pretty new to this, but you shouldnt buy a smaller coil, just to improve your pinpointing. You buy them for better target seperation in really trashy areas, or when getting in between tree roots. Just keep petsisting :) Oh, and before you dig, allways probe the spot with your pinpointer, they can detect at least 2 inches down.

Might have to wait and see how yours goes then :)
I've wanted the standard coil like in the duel pack and a pin pointer for a while, might just go the pin pointer for now.
If the mine lab has a loop on it for a tether il get it, if not il get that one getting pumped on here with the bungee cord on it

Far**** anaconda missed out by one day :-(....bloody government with taking time for my tax refund!! Well am j st going to have enough money for the gold pack $849....gets me excited you saying you find everything with the gold coil rocket!! Thanks guys hopefully my next post will be of some cone piece's ROFL ......golden ones only ;-)

Don't say that ramjet!! Do I or don't I ?? 140$ savings is nearly a pin pointer!! But can I wait till who knows when the next time will come well there goes my sleep tonight thinking n thinking lol

I'll pop up tomorrow morning only 2 mins up the road....the special was up last night....check my bank account this morning thumbs up on to check anconda online and special request is gone. I'll see if I can find the guy there who likes opal might have take a couple along ;)

Just ask them to "sweeten the deal by throwing in the pinpointer and you will buy". :)

i dont think anaconda sell pro pointers? They do sell the weather cover and rpg head phones

I bought the gold pack at the last sale with the intention of getting the dual. After reading all the stories on here I figured the gold pack and the left over change for a pin pointer is a good start and then after market coils. Only after being out without a pin pointer can I see that I could make an absolute mess of a park!

That sale just gone I reckon was 4-6 weeks after the last one. I just waited it out and kept an eye out for anything second hand that might pop up.

rocketaroo said:
Your not going to cover much ground with that small coil. Keep persisting with the gold coil, you will get good with pinpointing.....most of the time I dont use the pinpoint function at all. The sound, and depth meter will tell the tale....when the target sounds its clearest, balanced, and is at its shallowest on the meter, then dig. I am getting the 7.5khz, 10.5 inch double D coil, for my birthday tomorrow. I reckon it will cover more ground, and still give excellent target seperation, and hopefully a little better on high conductors.

I am pretty new to this, but you shouldnt buy a smaller coil, just to improve your pinpointing. You buy them for better target seperation in really trashy areas, or when getting in between tree roots. Just keep petsisting :) Oh, and before you dig, allways probe the spot with your pinpointer, they can detect at least 2 inches down.

Did you try the new coil yet? :)

DeckyDan said:
rocketaroo said:

Did you try the new coil yet? :)

So far very happy with it, the extra weight isnt good, but hopefully I will adjust to it :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=170673#p170673

Latest posts