Looking for a mentor (or just a little advice) - Central Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im living in Melbourne and looking to buy land in Maryborough and dig up the land to find gold use deternators pitty your not in Melbourne.

G0lddigg@ said:
welcome aboard jbl622

looks like you're on the good path, i couldn't agree more about finding something you love to do and see if you can make a living from it. Its a great work ethic and promotes a happy lifestyle. wish you all the best and we look forward to seeing how you go along the path.

I might be back up in QLD next year/later this year maybe we can do some prospecting :)

Thanks Golddigg, very happy to be apart of this great online community of likeminded people. I cant imagine being cooped up in an office doing a 9-5 shift, I mean I would do it if it meant supporting myself financially, but I wouldn't enjoy it. Give me a buzz if your up my way, it'd be great to meet some new people and maybe learn some new skills! :)

lucky streak said:
Im living in Melbourne and looking to buy land in Maryborough and dig up the land to find gold use deternators pitty your not in Melbourne.

Hi Lucky Streak, I live in Hervey Bay, about 30 minutes from Maryborough, i've heard if people finding gold there but have not personally done any prospecting. It sounds like you are planning on buying some land for hard rock mining, or am I mistaken? Did you mean detectors or detonators as in explosives?

Goldpick said:
Big plans JBL, wishing you the best of luck with your adventures, here's a pic to whet your appetite (in QLD too). It's an old cassiterite trommel with a jig and knudson bowl, not a bad setup, but pain in the backside when all the trommel spray holes fill up with fish. A Gemini 1000 concentrating table was used for final cleanup before heading for the furnace. The biggest cost trying to keep this setup going was maintenance and having spares on hand, one of the 20 tonne excavators died only after a short while requiring a new engine which was a killer. This was only a sampling plant, and not the main production trommel plant.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1695/1421668284_pa3.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1695/1421667728_pa2.jpg

I would like to see that setup near my place of dig :D could be fun to work that big trommel and jig combo and recover what small miners with their lousy recovery equipments missed :cool:

jbl622 said:
Hunting the yellow said:
jbl622 said:
Hi Hunting the yellow, yes a bummer for sure. I wasn't sure if there was many people our age interested in gold fossicking/prospecting. Personally, I cant get enough of it. Every weekend im out there at the crack of dawn with either my highbanker or my AT GOLD. Im always thinking that next shovel will hold the mother lode, once im in the creek, its very hard to get me to leave.

yeah ill bet but there art that many spots up that way for the gold that I know of ill have to visit again as half of the family are up that way anyway lol

I couldn't get enough of it at the age of 10 let alone now lol both gems gold fossils mines and mining rock climbing are my joys

Let me know if your up my way again mate, i'd gladly show you a couple good spots I have discovered.

would be a long hike ha ha I only come up every 2 to 4 years

Hey Josh i was about to post a similar expression of interest. I have been researching for a few years now and have built and bought some equipment. A long story but i found it difficult to operate solo and of course in some remote areas the risks need to be considered. I admire your enthusiasm mate and still find inspiration from this web site and that show on 7 mate prospecting wishing i was there. I have spoken to a friend who had operated a mine and the yarns of the operation the ore sample and some advise. There is a lot to talk about on this EP activity. From survey,essaying/prospecting, geology, lease, environmental, machinery, operating costs, business plan, investment, on and on. Anyone Brisbane based with similar interest as Josh and mine for that matter anyway i've broken the ice see what happens if we put some heads together, my email is there. Sounds like you're in a good area Josh and some hard yakka level head keep it simple don't go too big and some good research with some luck. I'm an old man now i guess thinking of your youthful age but i can still put in some hard work.

Mick.

I also think the same would love to work/own my own mine preferably gold, but do not know much about it all and I am in a really good spot with a mine site available for $800,000 lol abit outta my price range everything is there but has been sitting for years so no guarentee its going to work with workable 2 reefs onsite!

And many more geological graphs maps and plans!

It would be nice!!!!!

jbl622 said:
lucky streak said:

Hi Lucky Streak, I live in Hervey Bay, about 30 minutes from Maryborough, i've heard if people finding gold there but have not personally done any prospecting. It sounds like you are planning on buying some land for hard rock mining, or am I mistaken? Did you mean detectors or detonators as in explosives?

I think he was talking about Maryborough in Victoria. A part of the golden triangle.

What part of the area (qld) are you looking at mining?

I'm not going to mine it is a dream far far away lol outta my reach, but Warwick QLD it's a gold town!!

Latest posts