Petition to stop the proposed ban on sluicing in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries. Simple sluice, I think refers to

1405039813_mm.png

NOT

1405039941_mxm.png

and a high banker falls into the simple sluice above because all you are doing is putting legs on it and using a pump to move water to it

as long as you are removing the dirt by hand you are sluicing legally , as soon as you start digging with mechanical or hydraulic equipment (using something other then mussel power) you are breaking the law.

once the dirt is removed you can basically process it how ever you want.

Sorry to hijack a thread but it seems some people are circulating incorrect information so I can see why this question is asked. Stopped by a bloke detecting the other day and chatting away he tells me he's out detecting because he can't sluice. I informed him that this was incorrect and tried patiently to explain 1. No ban is in place yet. 2. If there is a ban at this point it is only going to be in national parks. 3. Legislation has not been tabled. 4. This information can be obtained quite easily.

He goes on and on about how this guy he knows who's in the pmav would know and the ban is already in and you can't sluice and on. I tried hard to tell him not only what he was saying was incorrect but also unhelpful if he was telling everyone this incorrect info. Safe to say we ended at a stalemate but I can see now there are some confused people out there.

Are there any updates in this.

We have had a few new members since.

It might be an idea for one last email to all members..

Signed the s$%^ out of that petition, what numb skulls. Soon they will be wanting to campaign against sneezing in the bush incase you scare the wild life or give a roo a cold. Dheads. :|

G'day,

Would it be possible to re post the original subject to sign the petition? so it comes up as recent? I found the topic on another forum and came onto this forum and found it via search. Just thought this might be useful to new members such as myself, I hadn't any idea about the petition until yesterday. Many thanks in advance.

Shaun :)

Hey guys i know to most, this is old news but just for any newbies or anyone that has missed it please check this link and sign

https://www.change.org/p/ryan-smith-refuse-the-proposed-ban-on-sluicing-in-victoria

You dont Have to be a prospector to sign, so get you family and friends to sign as well,
We Need at least 5000 signatures and still only 2080, the deadline in coming fast.

Kind regards Boyd

P.S.
I know the main petition has already been handed in but it is never to late to get signatures and show your support.
P.P.S
I thought there were over 4000 members on this website alone ??

I signed the partition because i believe in our cause.

You ask for money in support, but sadly it will not work towards helping.

I gave money and support to the PMAV. They have achieved little for our cause.

Puddler Bill was right.

In time we will lose the fight sadly.

Long live the prospector....

Regards

I joined PMAV for this exact cause ,the freedom for my children and I to enjoy our own back yard ,is very quickly being eroded by ignorant idealism.

The PMAV has fought hard,we would have no ground without them,just look at other states,and be thankful for the PMAV.

Regards Frank

Latest posts