Phase Technical Videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was picking up tiny lead shot as well with the 2300.

What setting was the sensitivity on for lead shot at 16cm?

I found that having it on 3 and if I heard a faint signal crank it to 4 and the signal was much clearer.

I like the innovation of using the broom handle and the ruler. Good way to ensure you are getting the settings right, and what better way to accurately check the ground penetration of your detector.

Cheers, Tone

Suppose a big plus for the SDC ..... can use the coil in any position.
Nice find, looking forward to finding my 1st specie, love the look of gold attached to host rock.
Cheers T.

Great vid phase and the 2300 is really starting to make a name for itself. Good luck on the next hunt and hope the gold continues to fill the jar.

Cheers Wal.

Great video looks like that will be on my list for Christmas. Get all the kids and grand kids to chip in
May even give them a try.

Cheers all. First skunk today. Got a beautifully intact horseshoe, guess they aren't lucky for me, haha.

Nenad

I'm sure there are a few of us that have that same feeling (some probably more often than others).
Just have to comeback with a ripper to compensate.
The lead does it's job, just waiting to see what adding a B & Z with speakers does to the setup.
Cheers T.

I watched it twice, eager to learn (and enjoyed the birdsong in the background), but I don't think I got much value from seeing a highly-tweaked setting on a GPX fitted with 11" coils, being compared to an SDC with its fixed 8" coil, running at its basic sensitivity level. Yes, big coils can go deeper than smaller coils, but so what? Surely it would have been more relevant to test the higher sensitivity levels on the SDC, to see whether these can help make up for its coil size limitation.

Latest posts