Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Prospecting related TV and Youtube shows

Gold Prospecting

Gold Rush (originally called Gold Rush Alaska)
Gold Fever
Goldfathers
Jungle Gold
Bamazon
Ghost Gold Mine
Yukon Gold
Ice Cold Gold. (this show they hunt for gold and gems)
Bering Sea Gold
Bering Sea Gold under the ice (Under the ice is the winter operation)
Wild to Riches. I havent seen this one yet.
Alaskan Gold Diggers
The Sea of Zipangu: Deep Sea Gold Rush. Haven't seen this one yet.
Silver Rush

Gems and Crystals
Prospectors
Diamond Divers
Gem Hunt
Game of Stones

Coins and Relics
"Diggers" is a National Geo show following 2 guys Metal detecting across the US. Looking for gold, Coins and artifacts. It's a bit.... American but watchable
American Digger. (If you can handle the ex wrestlers over the top personality and the planted finds)
Dig Wars

YouTube
D'arcy Cooper
Balxies Gold Adventures
Granpas gold show
Walnliz

Always looking for more info on prospecting, came across a couple of US shows online.

"Diggers" is a National Geo show following 2 guys Metal detecting across the US. Looking for gold, Coins and artifacts. It's a bit.... American but watchable .

"Goldfathers" Only seen 1 Episode. Following modern day gold hunters in the USA .

Both on YouTube

Enjoy

Rod

Goldfathers is quite amusing "We agreed on 15%, now they're offering me 10%, that's a NO NO!", that guys a bit of a psycho :lol:. Here's a couple more to add to the collection, Gold Rush, Bering Sea Gold.

I like watching D'arcy Cooper on youtube. He's done about 120 videos. I watched nearly all of them when Stinkin GOUT had me down for nearly a month recently. He does a lot of testing and high banking. His claims are in a magnificent piece of forest, he's a bit dry but well worth watching. Cheers, Rick.

Maybe we should get together and make our own
Show !!!
Everyone loves Aussie shows
A group that gets together and has a good time
While searching for gold
No editing of language of coarse :lol:
Maybe classified m+ but I bet we'd get some top ratings :cool:
So who's good with a camera and got a lot of time

Great idea ldg dreamer,

Was an ep of diggers, a while ago, year ago, where he found a small gold coin, and during his antics and cart wheeling he through the coin clean out of his hand and into a dam, whoops, that must have been a little degrading. :lol:

Awesome idea Dreamer. I always search for Aussie content 1st. Could start like D'arcy Cooper.... Short vids, Getting longer and more professional as we go :) I'll hold the camera :)

I had a similar idea in my head when i started doing our videos. The biggest problem i found was you allmost need a dedicated camera man to shoot everything or you tend to loose some of the best moments. Then the editing can be a nightmare depending on the trip size.
I still enjot videoing our outings but have to motivate myself a bit more to get enough footage to make it worth putting togeather.

Well it looks like we have two camera volunteers
And a detector operator /prospector
We may need some alluvial prospectors /Gem prospectors
More detector operators
Cause ATM I'll have 2 camera men following me around
We need numbers like the Hofmann crew
:D

Well my hands up :)
Maybe we should start a poll who wants in
:lol:
I reckon if anything it would be good for a laugh
And who knows I reckon we might get a hit

Lbg dreamer said:
Well it looks like we have two camera volunteers
And a detector operator /prospector
We may need some alluvial prospectors /Gem prospectors
More detector operators
Cause ATM I'll have 2 camera men following me around
We need numbers like the Hofmann crew
:D

Well my hands up :)
Maybe we should start a poll who wants in
:lol:
I reckon if anything it would be good for a laugh
And who knows I reckon we might get a hit

I can throw in half dozen Hard Hats like the Hofmans so we can look like professionals :D Cheers Wal. :)

Ramjet said:
New show on ONE HD tonight... Diamond Divers.
More rednecks hunting for treasure :p

Got that one penciled in here too Ramjet. Looks interesting enough.

I have a camera that could do full movie quality videos (Canon 5D MkIII) but I've never had the time or spare hands to film while prospecting, -it's hard just to get an hour or two for photos at times. Would love to give it a go one day, maybe if a few of us get together for a swing or dig somewhere, who knows, it could very well pay off!? Maybe an Aussie Discovery or Nat Geo gold series could be in the making one day? :D

Big fan of D'arcy Coopers YouTube channel myself. Always look forward to sitting down with a coffee and catching up on his new seasons videos. He was doing okay in the last few before the Winter snow and frost shut him down. Hope he's doing well out there at the moment. He's certainly not afraid to get in there and do a bit of digging.

Cheers,
Shauno.

Would be great, pretty easy to do these days. I've done a lot of audio work in the past, not much location work but.... no biggie.

Ice cold gold, bearing sea gold under the ice ( they dive under the ice in winter in nome alaska ), gold rush( formaly alaska), yukon gold, gold fathers, nat geo have a documenty about gold in wa takess u into mines and looking out in the desert. Thats about it for the shows might be a new one out in canada called alaska fosicking
I love all these shows i down load them as soon as they air in the us
If u like them shows get into duck dynasty its great,

Syndyne said:
Ramjet said:
New show on ONE HD tonight... Diamond Divers.
More rednecks hunting for treasure :p

Got that one penciled in here too Ramjet. Looks interesting enough.

I have a camera that could do full movie quality videos (Canon 5D MkIII) but I've never had the time or spare hands to film while prospecting, -it's hard just to get an hour or two for photos at times. Would love to give it a go one day, maybe if a few of us get together for a swing or dig somewhere, who knows, it could very well pay off!? Maybe an Aussie Discovery or Nat Geo gold series could be in the making one day? :D

Big fan of D'arcy Coopers YouTube channel myself. Always look forward to sitting down with a coffee and catching up on his new seasons videos. He was doing okay in the last few before the Winter snow and frost shut him down. Hope he's doing well out there at the moment. He's certainly not afraid to get in there and do a bit of digging.

Cheers,
Shauno.

I'm enjoying D'arcy's Youtubes as well. still quite a few to watch.

They all seem so useless. :p

Just watched the Gold Rush off season show.
Gold Rush The Jungle The Return.
The next season should be interesting.
Watch Todd stumble around the jungle instead the klondike :)

Latest posts