⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1535277781_2018-08-26_20.00.13.jpg
1535277804_2018-08-26_20.01.05.jpg

Got out for a couple of hours this afternoon and picked up these two little bits. A new spot so glad to be able to get some as I am very much a learner.

As has already been suggested you will be changing your ID soon. Getting gold on a more regular bases than Me. Well done ?

Agree patrick 1 million percent.
Reading all the 45 pages minelab gold posted helped me immensely.

Thanks
PJG
I am just happy to find a piece of gold. Cant believe i have fluked 4 bits in 3 weeks and am under no illusion
That my luck is probably short lived.
Anyway its fun learning.

Hard Luck said:
Hi everyone,
I'm Hard Luck and have joined the forum as I seem to have once again got the gold fever bug.
I was doing some cleaning up and found some of my old leads maps and the Prospectors Guide 10th edition. Printed in 1980 by the department of Minerals and energy, Victoria. I only went prospecting a couple of times in the early nineties, possibly late eighties with a hired Minelab detector.
The bloke at the Mitcham store was shocked to see I had found a small nugget in a mullock heap, as we were complete rookies. From memory it was 3.something grams but it was a long time ago now.
The nugget has since disappeared due to "problematic" family members, but hey that's life I suppose.

Over the years I have tried to convince mates to give it a go, trying to convince them that there is still a lot of gold out there but no one has been interested.
So now I'm biting the bullet and getting a detector within my budget and going alone with the dog.

All the best

The above was my first post to the forum.

So...my first nuggie ever found which I thought had been nicked by some attempted badass has been found being nursed by my dear old mum many miles away overseas. She is good at hoarding valuables..heheheh
My brother has just brought it back and I feel good just looking at a pic of it. I know my luck will change now that I have my original first hit. 4.34 grams.

1535623242_img_2712001002_1.jpg

Nothing Great said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/13217/1535705706_2018-08-31_18.53.07.jpg

Havent been able to get out since sunday due to car issues sadly but managed to get out for an hour this afternoon and picked up this little prickly bit.
Cant seem to find that decent piece yet but hopefully it will come.

Well done again :Y: I along with many have been looking for that decent bit and as yours is mine is still out there too. Your doing well mate enjoy it for what it is another great find there, hope you get the car sorted sooner rather than later.

Thanks heaps mate.
The ford dealership quoted us 4 grand for a new set of injectors and a new fuel pump. Luckily the brother in law is a mechanic and worked out it was a leaky safety relief valve. 180 dollar part thank god.
Back into the gold next week once its fixed :D

Very lucky indeed unlike my latest periodical maintenance bill on the truck. New turbo and injectors $12k mark oh well that'll see it in good order for a while, at least it earnrs while it turns :Y:.

Latest posts