⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks,

Bigrob and I went for a swing today around some old mullock heaps using SDCs. Hard work but a beaut day out on the first day of spring. Seven bits all up. Rob had one bit that was so small it took quite a bit of time to get it into the scoop. I also found a bit that was located under a tree root. The hole that it came from was about 9 inches deep. Gee these machines are sensitive. Good company, sunshine and a little bit of yella makes for a perfect day.
1535785072_95247b9e-85e9-487d-a3ab-859ee14fd26f.jpg

Cheers for now

Les

I got out to the old Creswick PA camp site today. Its good to get back on the board. Ive been lacking the passion and motivation to get out for a detect lately so I booked a training day (highly recommended) with Mark and Rhonda Hyde last week. Since learning how to actually use my detector properly I now have renewed faith I will find many multi ounce nuggets :p The first pic is what I found today. The second pic is some of the gold I have found from different areas.

Cheers Chuky

Pic 1
1536142123_c5dc1510-a5e7-4c18-91ce-558c18862d68.jpg

Pic 2
1536142161_6d8bf1d1-7093-4f6e-80df-1c03c509114e.jpg

Gday Colin

Nice to see Gold from different areas &

Great to read youve found some recent Gold & got some mojo back ....!!

The Victorian winter is very unmotivating

Anth

Chuky boy said:
I got out to the old Creswick PA camp site today. Its good to get back on the board. Ive been lacking the passion and motivation to get out for a detect lately so I booked a training day (highly recommended) with Mark and Rhonda Hyde last week. Since learning how to actually use my detector properly I now have renewed faith I will find many multi ounce nuggets :p The first pic is what I found today. The second pic is some of the gold I have found from different areas.

Cheers Chuky

Pic 1
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2123_c5dc1510-a5e7-4c18-91ce-558c18862d68.jpg

Pic 2
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2161_6d8bf1d1-7093-4f6e-80df-1c03c509114e.jpg

Yeah...Great going Chuky...Hope to catch up soon

Ahhh .... sweet memories from that campout, seems like a million years ago.
A training day as a 'refresher' never hurts, doing that myself even though I'm slowly weaning myself off the SDC and finding gold with the 4800 ..... just have to disciplined and stick with it ..... larger gold should follow. That being said on one of my recent outing the SDC found bigger bits than the 4800/11" Elite combo. Just have to face up to occasionally coming home without a piece if I'm serious about finding bigger bits. Pic shows 2 smaller ones with the GPX and larger (slightly) with the SDC). Good effort for the GPX/Elite to pick such small pieces.

1536196942_fullsizeoutput_1759.jpg

Chuky boy said:

Cheers Chuky

Pic 1
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2123_c5dc1510-a5e7-4c18-91ce-558c18862d68.jpg

Pic 2
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...2161_6d8bf1d1-7093-4f6e-80df-1c03c509114e.jpg

Quite an impressive display!
Very well done
Matt T

1536228213_2018-09-06_20.01.11.jpg

So the mrs surprised me this afternoon and turned up with a used 12 evo coil she bought from some fella off facebook knowing how much I liked what I have heard of them. Anyway I strapped it on the 4500 and
Did the start up routine. It seemed a bit chattery so I ground balanced in a couple different spots. Turns out I put the coil straight onto a target. You wouldnt read about it less than 10 metres from the car. Anyway dig it up and around 5 inches down out pops a little bit of yellow. Walk back to the car and chuck it in the console as i didnt have anything to put it in being an unplanned trip. Left the 4500 running on the ground with harness attached.
Chuck the gear back on and waved the coil over the dirt before I filled the hole back in and got a slight murmor. Turns out it was a second smaller piece. I couldnt believe my luck. Anyway back to car to chuck it in console. Chuck the harness back on and did another quick wave over the dirt and bingo. Another change in the threshold. I thought theres no way it could be gold surely. Bang into the scoop was another tiny piece. 3 pieces out of one very small 5 inch hole. My first multiple find at one time. And my two smallest bits to date. So far so good with the evo.

Latest posts