⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great stuff turnstone !!
Awesome first post and thats a great hall for 12 months ( spot on 2g per month)
looking forward to seeing more
Cheers Krugerrand

We were meant to be up the pilbara for 6 weeks start of july odd but a week b4 our break my back thats been troublesome for a cuppla yrs turned to absolute shyte,went under the knife a few weeks later in perth,out of action for a while so this gold is mainly what the better half has found last few months out from Kal and most the last month inbetween perth,doctors and appointments.
Shes been out with a friend the odd day but otherwise flying solo and checkin here an there and walking up to 10klms a day in areas trying new spots,last few yrs she has really come along way detecting and is confident in the bush on her own,proud of my girl shes certainly a goer....
1534679993_6fa3d987-46c8-4801-b8ec-36d29938e392.jpg

Goldchaser1 said:
We were meant to be up the pilbara for 6 weeks start of july odd but a week b4 our break my back thats been troublesome for a cuppla yrs turned to absolute shyte,went under the knife a few weeks later in perth,out of action for a while so this gold is mainly what the better half has found last few months out from Kal and most the last month inbetween perth,doctors and appointments.
Shes been out with a friend the odd day but otherwise flying solo and checkin here an there and walking up to 10klms a day in areas trying new spots,last few yrs she has really come along way detecting and is confident in the bush on her own,proud of my girl shes certainly a goer....https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9528/1534679993_6fa3d987-46c8-4801-b8ec-36d29938e392.jpg

Top effort :Y: enough to make any man proud well done to your better half. Hope your back improves and you get to join her for the next lot of finds.

Thanks RM & Dignit,yep its all turned to shyte but BJs trying to keep us on target lol
2 1/2 weeks out i feel like a im long way off getting back to work or detecting,had a microdiscectomy,i pushed for fusion but they wouldnt do it,slowly improving but one foots still numb and fair bit of pain down the legs off an on,they say it takes a while for the nerves that have been compressed for a cuppla yrs to rejuvenate and start working again or settle down from the op,hopefully back beepin by the end of the yr,giving the meds the flick as of today,see if the pains managable,i hope so as hate pills and the side affects (mentally) of these im not a fan of,this doesnt compare to what a few going threw on the forum here including you dignit,i cant complain thats for sure.....

I went through a similar back problem in 1996 had the operation. They gave me a 10 year warranty, have only had it play up once since until a couple of weeks ago, this cold weather isn't helping. Best thing after the operation was walking regularly. It took me about 3 months to get back to normality. Good luck with it.

Wishfull said:
I went through a similar back problem in 1996 had the operation. They gave me a 10 year warranty, have only had it play up once since until a couple of weeks ago, this cold weather isn't helping. Best thing after the operation was walking regularly. It took me about 3 months to get back to normality. Good luck with it.

Cheers wishfull,started longer walks the other day,1st day about half hr,second 35 mins,was feeling real good both nights afterwards,3rd day nearly 4klms just under an hr,oh i paid for it that night and next day,so given it a miss last couple of days,start again today,back to half hr,baby steps :rolleyes:
good to hear your results,thanks for the inspiration mate :)

The patch is still giving :D, only small but the SDC is loving it. Heres this mornings little picker.

1534746956_5441d5fe-c932-4261-8f27-0b558013c848.jpg

5 bits in total, all within an old mullock heap between 3 shafts. 4 out of 5 were around 2 inchs deep and todays at approx. 4 inchs. The patch is about 3m x 3m though the heap is at least double that and a good 1.5m high. Today I dug a test hole to about 1 foot with detector going nuts at the bottom.... wobbly signals, nice tones on what seemed the side wall and just behaving like signals all over the place (Ive brought home a bag of rocks getting a tone and will crush ASAP), maybe just hot rocks. I could not isolate all signals but clearly there is gold in the pile, yippee! Now just gotta work out how to best deal with the heap..... so much soil and stone.

Hi JD,

Well done mate. Nice little bit there. My storey is almost the same as yours. Five little bits on a mullock heap that someone had raked. Unfortunately they did not look in the right spot. Picked up the best bit on the area that had been cleared. The signal was very slight but improved as the hole got deeper. Popped out at about 5.
1534752552_0c3156fe-db24-4fa6-afac-187953c066b8.jpg

A couple of the small bits struggled to worry the cheap scales. (About 0.03g each) Got a feeling that there is quite a lot of small gold in this heap. The SDC would wobble a bit in the threshold but wouldnt settle on a target. Might try the Equinox on it tomorrow and then pan some of the gravel to see what turns up.

Cheers

Les

Thanks mate. Was only around a gram but plenty enough to get me excited after two weeks of hiding behind trees in the rain.
The 4500 takes a bit of learning i know that much. Having never detected before it has been an eye opener for sure.

Latest posts