⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havnt had a chance to do anything yet a friend i havnt seen for 20 years dropped in from germany today but will get it done soon goldflower

trekkie said:
gidday everyone. well today is end of holidays. 2.5 days at whipstick no gold but plenty of wire and slugs . 2 days at tarnagulla no gold but plenty of tin . 1 day at moliagul no gold but plenty of old cans. decided to stop in at tarna for 1 more swing and after about 40 mins got a signal from detector and dug up a rock about size of hand which detector liked , took rock back to car and tested with pinpointer and it screamed so broke it open and covered with what looks like gold specks, so excited a first for me . will take home and crush and pan fingers crossed.

Dont give up on Tarnagulla area Trekkie. Was sniffing around Laanacoorie 18 months ago where there was a hole every 15 to 20 metres and still pulled out a 9 grammer.
Also produced a few smaller bits at .5 to 2 grams :Y:

1525218383_a14d0c86-8ff7-47c5-91b0-1bce35286327.jpg
Ive had a couple of back surgerys in the the last 12 months so detecting had been no existent until I was invited by gregupnorth and his wife to go to their lease on the weekend. The geeza was on the trip as well. I wasnt sure how I would cope but decided to have a go. We arrived on Saturday arv and set up camp. Greg said the spot where we were camped was worth a swing so once everything was set I got the sdc out and within a couple of minutes I scored a .2 grm nugget. I was stoked. The next day we went to a spot Greg had found gold before and when we set of to have a look I turned the detect on and put it right on top of a .05 grm piece. I should have stayed there as I didnt find anything for the rest of the day. :/ That afternoon the geeza and I were sitting enjoying a coldie when he spotted a big boar wondering past camp. I usually have a squirt with me, a Ruger 308 which I grabbed, loaded it and went to see if we could find him. Within a 100 meters we spotted him again. In a couple of months the tusks will be ready to pull out. ;) . The next day had us travelling an hour to the furtherest side of his ground where I had success with a .75 grm piece. My total for 3 days was 1 grm but with how my body was with pain I was very satisfied. My last day saw us at another of his known spots where we all went our separate ways. I went up a creek that had been worked extensively. I had no luck working the creek but I picked out a spot on top of the bank that hadnt been scraped by the excavator back in the day. I struggled up to the spot and turned on the sdc and picked up a 1 grammer straight up, there was a couple of bits of rubbish either side of it. For the next half hour I scored another five pieces and I was more than happy with the day. I went back to the car and sat there very pleased with myself. After a while I thought I would take the 4500 up to the spot and see if there was any deeper stuff left there. Well there was another 3 bits, the deepest was about 9 inches. Total of just over 7 grms for the patch. My best ever by a long shot, first ever patch biggest piece so far at 1.7 grm and most pieces for a trip. I also got a little Chinese tunic button, love the history finds. Happy chappie. Thanks to my hosts and the geeza for making my trip very enjoyable. Im am paying for the trip today. I feel like Ive been tackled by Gordy Tallas but it was worth it.
1525217124_dd7c13ae-b9fe-427c-a404-e70c1d75ef5a.jpg

:D A few from the last month or so
1525243095_talbot-avoca_2018.jpg

1525243309_29_apr_2018_whroo.jpg

Above pic was Sunday I was trying some new ground
8;30 -12;30 :( Nothing Nada Zip :| had a small move couple hundred metres
10 Metres from ute got a strange worble signal :/ Like a weird ( low low HIGH low )
Gave it a bit of a scrape 30mm :| Multiple signals in scrap pile :( I was thinking OH YEA rusty metal ....... What a shock I got when I rescued 7 Nuggys :D :D
And the hole was still signaling :D :D Another scrape 20-30mm Gave 5 more Nuggys . Whoa by this time I'm pretty Happy :party: And hole is still saying Dig there . Another scrape 10-15mm hit bedrock and 3 more Nuggys :D :D
And hole is still saying More . Well Im Very Happy .. And then ...........
Bang :mad: Ahh Ahhh Hit myself on the Ankle with the Pick 8.( 8.(
OH sweet Jesus it hurt help me Chuck Norris :(
I tuffed it out after I stopped crying and got back up off the ground
And rescued 3 more Nuggys .
total for 1 hour 18 Nuggets 1 Lead Shot .
It is very hard to do the happy man dance in the forest on 1 leg :Y:

Good to hear your in good health and back out there :Y:. That knock you copped sounds like it tuned ya hearing :lol: ]:D just kidding. Awesome finds 18 from one hole sounds like a record that will stand for a while to come :Y:.

Yeah Jaros I am struggling a bit with lack of strength and also put on 10 kilos while Ive been idle. Trying hard to remedy both. Its harder the older you get. :|

Very nice dammit :Y:

Not sure what equipment you use but something like a Gold Monster would probably sniff out the rest of the nuggies. Check out post 6507 in this thread and you'll see the size it will pick.

Good luck ;)

gidday all well i crushed rock i found at tarna and found some fine gold will have to build a fine gold sluice to extract rest just a couple of flecks at this stage. will keep you all informed how i went

dam it that's some honey hole. It sounds like the general area needs to be given a lot more attention too :Y:

Northeast said:
Very nice dammit :Y:

Not sure what equipment you use but something like a Gold Monster would probably sniff out the rest of the nuggies. Check out post 6507 in this thread and you'll see the size it will pick.

Good luck ;)
Was all with the GPZ :Y: What a machine :D
Moneybox :D Yes that area will be getting another look over thats for sure :Y:

Latest posts