Nice Green Stone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, sorry about asking a question as my first post, have been a long time member of aus bottle forum and hope no one minds.
I am so disappointed with todays random events, out detecting around an old mine site near Chiltern and whilst digging a target in very hard ground smashed this lovelly green coloured stone. Not in a million years could this will happen again, just wondering what others may think it is and am I left with anything salvageable. Lovely colour and would've been very clear, but now has a few cracks etc.
Still very cranky but one of those random events and cant do much about it now. Thanks for some info if anyone knows.
Thanks Hodgie

1388730490_img_3671.jpg

1388730693_img_3667.jpg

Thank you JJerry, didn't think about that one, that's a relief, I can enjoy my beer now. Cheers and thanks again.

looks like emerald, depends on the area, $40 buy a diamond tsester, will tell you the hardness of a stone, best thing since the light globe, ebay,

Looks like it is large enough to facet. Would make a nice faux emerald pendant for the missus!

Latest posts