Yak fishing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My lovely lady bought me a 2nd hand fishing Kayak. I haven't done much fishing in years but since I got my new pup, I have been down at the river most days. Seeing others fishing got me interested again. I have never fished for bass so thought I would give it a go. Only been out twice on the kayak but have 3 small bass and one monster. See video. :D

1540678484_20181011_094341.jpg

TJ supervising.
1540678418_20181024_105227.jpg

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/uTN-kAKdHQI[/video]

A great setup on the kayak and an awesome fish.You beat my PB Bass by 1cm,I have a couple of kayaks,a Hobie Revolution and a Dagger Voyager.I haven't had either of them on the water in a couple of years ( can't stop thinking about prospecting)you may just have inspired me to get them out and hit my favourite bass spot for a fish this summer.Does anyone else on here kayak fish?
Here is my PB Bass.
1540685943_image.jpg

Eldorado said:
A great setup on the kayak and an awesome fish.You beat my PB Bass by 1cm,I have a couple of kayaks,a Hobie Revolution and a Dagger Voyager.I haven't had either of them on the water in a couple of years ( can't stop thinking about prospecting)you may just have inspired me to get them out and hit my favourite bass spot for a fish this summer.Does anyone else on here kayak fish?
Here is my PB Bass.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1540685943_image.jpg

Nice fish. :D I am already thinking about what I want in my next yak. LOL My interest in fishing has been re booted. I love the idea of a kayak and bass in skinny water. Much less hassle than getting another boat. ;)

Nice Yak RJ :Y: can I borrow your Mrs just for a quick shopping trip :p. Great fish it sure is good fun fishing from a yak.

Yep I am a keen Kayak fisher.
Always have a few bets, take the radio and book.

We have a great inlet creek at Patonga on Central Coast.
Flathead and bream 1000's of em
Get the odd Jew which is a greaty challenge in the yak.

Ripper catch mate!
The "Tinoo" ( light alloy punt) by bluefin boats is shortly to be re-released again.
3m + 3.6m x 800 or 1100mm birth.
The 3.6m x 800mm is a great car topper. And giving you much more access to creeks etc.
$1650 >$1850 ball park cost

I have a Hobie tandem Island for ocean fishing and a Hobie outback for the creeks here in the Cairns inlet, while they are really good kayaks I'm having problems with sun damage.

The Tandem seems to get heavier the older I get but is great for disappearing on lake Tinaroo for a week or so, it can carry over 250 kg which means esky, swag, bbq plate and dog can be carried.

Ramjet said:
Magilla said:
Nice fish RJ, maybe a decent landing net for Christmas. :playful:

Yes I went cheap on the net. I know better now. Get a new one next time I go to the tackle shop.
Get yourself an Environet,they are great.No big holes to get tangled in your gear and they don't damage the fish so perfect for catch and release.

Latest posts