Rockhounds Nox 800 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, top spots you've found there. Looks like some really good condition coins. You'll have to show us some cleaned up pics. Some of the coppers have a great looking patina.

Interesting medallion "hoard", I wonder whether they were excess medallions not issues to the school kids. Grand effort on the predecs! :Y:

Brisgazza said:
A nice couple hunts there Rockhound , must have been someones collection of medallions hey , good hunting there , roughly what part of Qld are u in ? Gazza.
Cheers Brisgazza :Y: I'm 5 hours North of Brisbane.

Dave79 said:
Wow, top spots you've found there. Looks like some really good condition coins. You'll have to show us some cleaned up pics. Some of the coppers have a great looking patina.
Cheers Dave79 :Y: I haven't got any cleaned up pics,but here's a pic of some dirty silver :playful: All found with the nox.
1541287156_20181104_090911.jpg
1541287227_20181104_090947.jpg

That's a once in a lifetime find. I don't think the French were very welcome in Australia in that period which means it could have been plundered.

What an Awesome coin to find..I was surprised at the value..I thought it would have been worth more on average...It seems as though the 1855 is the one you need...Missed it by that much. :Y: :)

Latest posts