New Detectorist finds - 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, I have in the last few weeks purchased an Ace 300i and I am really enjoying the hunt so far. I posted in the "Introduce yourself" section and thought I would follow it up with a pic of my finds so far.

I have been detecting a local park near my house and have spent about 3-4hrs learning the machine with some ok results so far. I have watched a ton of youtube videos for some tips as well.

I mainly use "Relic" mode on the 300i at the moment to get a few more targets and to get rid of the lower portion of metal, does that seem right?

The silver bracelet has 925 on the clasp and possibly another number on the piece next to it. Its silver im assuming, not sure how much of the bracelet is silver or just the clasp as yet. It cleaned up very easily and has a little weight to it so i am hoping its all silver of some sort.

A few spendables too which is nice. Ill be trying to find some older parts of town (Lismore Northern NSW) to find some Pre Dec coins in the near future hopefully too.

After my initial few hunts I decided to buy an AT Pro pin pointer and boy has that made a big difference in find time, I am very happy with that purchase.

1517653905_20180203_2105572.jpg

I am looking forward to some more hunting as we have has some rain recently and the ground is a bit softer now.

Hi LORD,

I did some air tests in my shed and came up with the following in all metal mode with full sensitivity. I didn't always get a single number but they were always 1 either side.

$1 and $2 - 84/85
50c - 80/81
20c - 78/79
10c - 72
5c - 64

The only pre dec coins I had

2c - 91
1c - 86/87
Penny - 91/92
Silver 3p and 6p - 86 and 88
50% 3p and 6p - 80 and 84

I tried some of the Mrs gold rings and they were in the range of 73-81

Pull tabs around 78

Ill do some better tests at some stage

I had a spur of the moment detect for an hr or so and my first beach swing today to test out my 300i. I went to an area that didnt have anyone there and here are my results. A $2 and a 1969 1c, an old watch and a heap of nails/tent pegs. I couldnt believe the loud and clear high tones on the nails at 3-8" deep. For such small targets i was very impressed with the 300i. Not sure what they are made of but they rang up high and clear. The 300i had no issues on dry sand and even semi wet sand, the $2 was about 4" deep in semi wet sand and clear as day. I look forward to some more beach swinging in the future in some more heavily used areas.

1519544942_2376.jpg

1519545067_2378.jpg

I just checked and it is Pandora. S925 ALE is geniune Pandora. Sterling Silver. Woohoo!

The truck is a 1979 Hotwheels too. It might clean up ok.

I hunt in all metal, or jewellery if it gets to noisy for me. Custom has right five on for high tone hunting. :D

silver said:
I hunt in all metal, or jewellery if it gets to noisy for me. Custom has right five on for high tone hunting. :D

What is the lowest ID you have had for gold jewelry?

Tiezto said:
silver said:

What is the lowest ID you have had for gold jewelry?
Mid tone, I don't dig the lowtones unless they have a bit of high tone both ways as well (and if the tone is one way only I walk on) :Y:

ktmman said:
Whoever wore that ring must have thought he was a big man :lol:
Don't spose it's silver?

I dont think so. Not stamped anywhere i can see. And yeah, not the sort if ring you would catch me wearing lol

Latest posts