Goldtargets 2017 adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top hunt OGT :cool: :Y: gota love wood chips hey :lol:
Getting anoyed at the new era of playgrounds now with synesthetic grass and that rubber carpet shite they are starting to use :N: :mad:
Bring back the good old sand pits I say :party: :lol:

rocketaroo said:
He might have permission.
For the sake of the thread I'll just agree and say I do.

But Silver makes a good point....I asked one Principal about 3 weeks ago to do their oval during school holidays. All high and mighty she begins telling me about public liability, working with children's checks and forms I would need to fill out, that children arent allowed there out of hours, then tells me I wouldn't get permission any way from her with a smug self satisfied look on her face. Every instinct I had was to let her have it back....Instead I just calmly said "OK then", and quietly left.

I just smiled to myself about how forms and permission won't stop someone suing but I'll let her live in her lefty regulated fantasy until it happens.

I do try and do the right thing. I advocate for it, it's fairly unlikely you get too many knockbacks.

Funny she said that :rolleyes: All the schools here are cyclone fenced with spikes but the kids still jump it to play on the field
The school will be held liable when a kid gets impaled trying to get over it so all they did was add more danger to the situation :rolleyes:
Wonder what will hurt the system more a kid spraining his ankle on the field or a kid impaled on a spike :eek:
Geniuses at work again...NSWGOV@DUMA$$.AU :rolleyes: :lol:

Seems my luck took a turn today, and I'm actually pretty dissapointed.

Had to drop off a trailer I sold locally so had 3 sites in mind that were in striking distance.

First stop was an old oval still in use I had drooled over a few times. 30 secs in I had a neat $2 coin in my hand and my tail was up. Early finds tell me 2 things, likely Noone has been there and likely there will be plenty more. 3 hours later (!!!!) I had exactly $2.54 in my change pocket. My determination to keep going usually gets rewarded but swing as I might I kept coming up donuts. I checked the detector a couple times in the faint hope it was playing up lol.

So deflated I took on an old historic Freemason building. I did get a late penny but nothing else. Another 1 1/2 hours of hopeful but hopeless swinging. I did think about giving up, I often think to myself if it's not 2 predecs or $4 an hour minimum it's not worth my time swinging but with such a horrible run I resolved my luck would surely return on site 3.

Site 3 is a multi use oval and I had avoided it due to the amount of people usually enjoying some time on it. As luck would have it some plumbing works were in mid progress so this popular little spot was vacant to my surprise. I pulled out just over $13 mostly in silver, I don't think I've ever dug so many 10c pieces in my life, but they add up when your keen for coin. But man the junk was thick, Jack Daniels and red eye caps flattened come up as true as $2 coins and they were everywhere. I must have dug 40+ to the point that when a couple of $2 shook loose I was surprised. I worked through the site alot more casual than usually trying to build a worthy tally, and although it was fun it was still a little dissapointing.

I suppose I was due for a lean day, however efforts will be doubled this coming week on finding and hunting some more productive sites, kind of feel like I should have baled early and hit up a few that have been kind and remain unfinished.

Hope everyone has a bit more luck than I did. Cheers.

Is that all,welcome to my club,I was relieved to see that you didn't have a real problem :|

When you are having a dry run it is hard to pull up stumps and go home always hoping that the next signal might get the ball rolling,but sometimes it just doesn't :N:

Better luck next time :)

So the grass isn't always greener....Point Cook although interesting has held onto it's treasure for now, walked away with about $3 and a pretty deep toasted half penny so far, but had a pretty good day out nonetheless, the weather has been kind, and enjoyed some nice scenery off and on today.

The city in the distance looked good, skyscrapers rising over the beach edge and ocean (sea?) took a few snaps, nothing prize worthy but satisfying.

Won't have time to get to Altona beach which I was keen on, another day perhaps. I might even have a small adventure down here somewhere either Surf coast or further north toward the city if I can manage an early start Monday....I have a good feeling about the areas down here just need time with a coil on the ground.

Cheers GT.

Proves not all areas have been gone over..at least not by me..But she's a long long way from her heyday glory, I won't even attempt a date. Admittedly I was pretty stoked it was a bit of a moving TID but enough between 3 bits of ferrous to say dig me...at about 6 inches in hard concrete like dry clay I pulled it out of the sidewall after I concluded it was either deep copper/brass junk, or as was the case, more likely an old copper predec. Pulled a few deep BBs from the same park about 2 mins from Werribee which in my mind would have seen someone before me when I started so it's a promising sign. Working the heavily junk areas under the old trees, not scared to take a bit of an ear bashing for the goodies to come to light.

If by chance there's someone having a swing down that side of Melb suburbs (or elsewhere but wanted to join me) shoot me a PM and we could team up. I'll be flying blind a bit but I go hard and fast and can plot a course on the fly. I'm sure there's some treasures waiting for a coil. Got enough room in the boot for more than 1 detector and a comfy passage seat to sit on between digs.

Cheers GT

Haven't hit the suburbs yet....
1507511805_img_20171009_121524.jpg

Yes,it is pretty sweet {) when you find a piece of virgin ground hoovering up of the spoils before someone else :party:

I'm looking forward to more quality photo's :Y:

Got a bit waylaid by a request....lost wedding ring....And wouldn't you know it the bugger turned up on the last 2x1m stretch.....started on the wrong end lmao. The old (well to do) lady was so "eternally grateful " for the return of her original wedding ring that she thanked me nicely.....So without a monetary reward all I can hope for is to have created some good karma. Sometimes I think it might be better to be the A$$ and shrug.

So with that little side adventure over I thought I'd get the jump on traffic....whoops left it too late, took me about 45 mins to drive 5kms to join up on the Ring Road to head north again.

Mrs GT was getting anxious for me to get home so I drove by some turf I wanted to check out, I think the tally might be a little under $50...but the urge has been quelled for now, thinking about having a crack at Ararat though, so might have a couple of quiet swings over the fortnight to try and keep the edge sharp.

Oh and I forgot to add if I never see another flattened aly screw top top again it will be too soon....I must have dug over a 100 or those damn things today, I'll slap the next JD drinker with a bottle in their hand...I had pockets full. The only upside is if you are finding them your the first there in a while....but every shooter has his limits....

Cheers GT.

I'm in 2 minds about Ararat now....Just got home from work and as a driver pulling the hours I've pulled collectively on top of today I just can't see myself heading in that direction before it kicks off....unless I get the early start in the morning.

I've counted this down for months and after missing the Bash was hell bent on getting in on it...It's a cruel curse this hobby sometimes.

If my sounder judgment prevails I might just take a lazy day out tomorrow and Monday....Mrs GT is off to see the daughter tomorrow and I have Monday free, so if anyone within a couple hours drive has a hot tip for chasing coins I'm in, all finds donated (yep even sovs and rings), just need some time on the machine to relax.

Cheers GT.

Latest posts