Australian national anthem

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cashgoldsilver said:
With all of the bullshit going on here and abroad the mods are going to have their hands full for the forseeable future,maybe we will see a few resignations :eek:

Give the mods a pay rise inline with the cpi :)

Easy peasy, we'll just use the ban function and delete inflammatory posts. ;)

vstrom said:
I was reading today they want to change the words to the Australian National anthem what is the country coming to we need to all rise up and let the government know we won't have it can we have some sort of tradition and leave our identity alone :(

I think I remember doing this back in the 60's....

Yer mate the version we all know has only been around since 1973....up until 1974 Australias national anthem was God save the queen...Since then its had several changes :Y:

Heatho and Mods, People are only telling it as it is... Most of these Statements are true... That's Life now... Why can't we discuss something that is more important than Prospecting and Fossicking.. Cause these activities will be the First to Go.....If We don't start to ark-up about this great Country now, then it will be too late.... There is nothing 'Racist' about telling the Truth.... As a Cop said to me once' You can't say that"... Me..Why it's the truth".... No comeback on His Behalf... O:)

And Why not ask for permission to Enter Aboriginal Land... If i wanted to Enter your Land I need your Permission....

LW...

Smoky bandit said:
Yer mate the version we all know has only been around since 1973....up until 1974 Australias national anthem was God save the queen...Since then its had several changes :Y:
Didn't know that Smoky...God Save The Queen :p
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02D2T3wGCYg[/video]
They should have kept it hey :rolleyes:

LoneWolf said:
Heatho and Mods, People are only telling it as it is... Most of these Statements are true... That's Life now... Why can't we discuss something that is more important than Prospecting and Fossicking.. Cause these activities will be the First to Go.....If We don't start to ark-up about this great Country now, then it will be too late.... There is nothing 'Racist' about telling the Truth.... As a Cop said to me once' You can't say that"... Me..Why it's the truth".... No comeback on His Behalf... O:)

And Why not ask for permission to Enter Aboriginal Land... If i wanted to Enter your Land I need your Permission....

LW...

The time and place is not here and now LW, in my opinion of course. Let's get out onto the streets for a good ol fashioned protest. :) It just won't achieve anything here mate is my best and honest answer.

Just trying to keep the peace on this forum is all we mods want.

1495610885_img_0302.jpg

My favourite T shirt :cool: do you like it :Y:

Time has taught me that you have to learn to pick your battles otherwise you just beat yourself up for really nothing.

There are very powerful forces at work with far far more influence (and money) than you and I will ever have doing as they please continually oiling the squeaky wheels.

So my remedy is to live well otherwise the ever increasing "CRAP" will drive you mad robbing you of everything starting with your peace of mind.

So if you know what is good for you get out of my way I am coming through,I ain't got time to pander to it 8)

I've been aware that there were alternate lyrics for a while and you all have nudged me to investigate..... and I liked what i read and heard.
Casper

https://soundcloud.com/nitv-1/judith-durhams-advance-australia-fair

Australians let us all be one, with peace and harmony.
Our precious water, soil and sun, grant life for you and me.
Our land abounds in natures gifts to love, respect and share,
And honouring the Dreaming, advance Australia fair.
With joyful hearts then let us sing, advance Australia fair.
Australians let us stand as one, upon this sacred land
A new day dawns, were moving on to trust and understand.
Combine our ancient history and cultures everywhere,
To bond together for all time, advance Australia fair.
Australians let us strive as one, to work with willing hands.
Our Southern Cross will guide us on, as friends with other lands.
While we embrace tomorrows world with courage, truth and care,
And all our actions prove the words, advance Australia fair,
And when this special land of ours is in our childrens care,
From shore to shore forever more, advance Australia fair.
With joyful hearts then let us sing, advance . . Australia . . fair.

rocketaroo said:
I have no pride in the way Australia was colonized, the empire was growing, and at great cost to many. I am proud of what we created, but saddened by what we allow to happen as well. The anthem is just a song, I dont care about it.
I share similar views to you. The australian land really has one rightful owner.. aboriginals... natives... land owners. The english colonisation was a racist murderous invasion. Some aboriginals today that have been grossly mislead into alcoholism and drug addiction is purely a result of what our ancestors brought to this country.
If you do research you will realise today that 40 football fields an hour are being pulled down in australia to make way for cattle farming.
The prestine australian environment has been destroyed by the colonisation. Polluted, eroded.. not to mention the filth we have brought here.. including the cane toad.. one wrong foul move from some moron that has wiped out most of our native animals.. and the cane toad hasnt finished its path of destruction.

All well and true saying how australias environment is ok sitting from your nice neat living room but if you look at our rivers, wild life, forests and beaches..they are a shell of what it use to be.

Aboriginals had a way of working with the land without destroying it. White folk moved in 200 odd years ago and has managed to submit the entire country environment into submission and well beyond it..

I have no aboriginal background, born in england. But these are my views and ive done a lot of research and come to the conclusion that the colonisation of australia is well beyond civil and humane.

But each to their own

What happened 300 years ago was a terrible thing for sure, But I am not going to be held to ransom for something that wasn't my fault.

I have seen this over and over again ever since I was old enough to take note, But there has one thing that has remained the same / Constant, and that is every time people get to the point of realizing that they can't undo the past ( History ) they turn and Attack the Flag and the National Anthem, and The Queen,

None of which has killed a single person, Australia is a vast Land and there is enough to go round for those who want to embrace the Australian way of Life, And although we are spread far and wide, We Are One, Proud, Caring and loyal. and we need to remember the past but not held back because of it, In the last hundred years alone we have excelled and become a leader along side all Nations, That is who we are, We Are Australians.

John.

treasureman said:
rocketaroo said:
I have no pride in the way Australia was colonized, the empire was growing, and at great cost to many. I am proud of what we created, but saddened by what we allow to happen as well. The anthem is just a song, I dont care about it.
I share similar views to you. The australian land really has one rightful owner.. aboriginals... natives... land owners. The english colonisation was a racist murderous invasion. Some aboriginals today that have been grossly mislead into alcoholism and drug addiction is purely a result of what our ancestors brought to this country.
If you do research you will realise today that 40 football fields an hour are being pulled down in australia to make way for cattle farming.
The prestine australian environment has been destroyed by the colonisation. Polluted, eroded.. not to mention the filth we have brought here.. including the cane toad.. one wrong foul move from some moron that has wiped out most of our native animals.. and the cane toad hasnt finished its path of destruction.

All well and true saying how australias environment is ok sitting from your nice neat living room but if you look at our rivers, wild life, forests and beaches..they are a shell of what it use to be.

Aboriginals had a way of working with the land without destroying it. White folk moved in 200 odd years ago and has managed to submit the entire country environment into submission and well beyond it..

I have no aboriginal background, born in england. But these are my views and ive done a lot of research and come to the conclusion that the colonisation of australia is well beyond civil and humane.

But each to their own

DITTO - I share your sentiments....the sharp eyed would deduce this from the location I have longtime displayed beneath my avatar - "living on Bunurong country" and not too long ago changed to "at home on Boonwurrung country"

casper

treasureman said:
rocketaroo said:

But each to their own

You say you were born in England eh?
Well there you go. You force YOUR government to apologise and compensate the aboriginals then. Australia was colonised by people who did NOT want to come here, and the first 10 years of colonisation were almost a death sentence.
My ancestors were sent here, as late as the 1900,s my grandfather, was an orphan. Sent from an English orphanage to an Australian orphanage in a remote part of South Australia.
On my mums side, we have convict, a poor man who stole a sheep to feed his family.
As far as I'm concerned, my grandfather is on par with the stolen generation. He was a bastard (beautiful man, with the highest moral and family values) and taken from his unwed teenage mother, and sent to a forgein land as lonley unwanted child.
I will not accept any responsibility as to what happend to the aboriginals.
Further, I have aboriginal mates, some I work with, and some I socialize with, and some I can't stand the sight of.(guess those ones are not mates) and I feel the same about all people in general, can't stand the sight of redneck , ice head, racist whites either.

Ridge Runner said:
What happened 300 years ago was a terrible thing for sure, But I am not going to be held to ransom for something that wasn't my fault.

I have seen this over and over again ever since I was old enough to take note, But there has one thing that has remained the same / Constant, and that is every time people get to the point of realizing that they can't undo the past ( History ) they turn and Attack the Flag and the National Anthem, and The Queen,

None of which has killed a single person, Australia is a vast Land and there is enough to go round for those who want to embrace the Australian way of Life, And although we are spread far and wide, We Are One, Proud, Caring and loyal. and we need to remember the past but not held back because of it, In the last hundred years alone we have excelled and become a leader along side all Nations, That is who we are, We Are Australians.

John.

:eek: wow!!

Latest posts