Anthem ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any ideas for the new national anthem ? I am a proud Australian but agree our anthem could be better. Other nations often have more emotive ones imho. I hope in there effort to be inclusive they don't end up emphasising racial differences between various groups and focus on what we have acheived togwther and what we want to be. I like the Waltzing Matilda tune but a vagrant sheep stealer jumping into a dam to evade police is not a great fit :lol:

That's my fave too Reefer :Y:

Or, maybe this one................

God save our long week-ends,
Dont ever give them in,
God save our week-ends.

Theyre happy and glorious,
When I find gold victorious.
Better than any day at work,
God Save Our Weekends.

:D

Rockhunter62 said:
silver said:
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN O:)

Wouldn't that have to be God Save The King? I'm not a monarchist so I would suggest Great Southern Land.

Cheers

Doug

lol..... she ain't in the dearly departed department just yet, unless your suggesting we let the pollies here fight it out to the death with each other in hand to hand mortal combat in order to acertain exactly who the Great Aussie Monarchy would go to..... Sounds like limited Anarchy within the upper tiers of political extremism...... Maybe if we got in quick enough our new monarch could challenge over their head before anything else changes.... but that's not the lines your thinking along is it ?

Imagine any of our mob getting any sort of royal power lol.... be worse than one of them getting a presidency... imagine just for a moment that little scene where they rewrite the law, you know out with the old in with the new....Ha.... I don't trust them now with anything much, let alone the creation of their idea of new rules for all.

We must ever be vigilant.... one day maybe someone so awsome as a leader, so trusted and reveered by all may come along and lift us into a new age. But we will know it to our core beforehand.

Change the song if you must for it means naught once it's been done once already anyway.... maybe something you could dance to that fills you with pride and understanding of just who and what we are... something thet leaves you with a your cup runneth over feeling in the protective belonging department with regards to one and all. :D

I like I vow to thee my country. The words were penned by a English poet to German music shortly after the 1st war. Its a bit sombre but very moving music imo. I also like the seekers we are Australian. The first line "we are one but we are many" fits perfectly to I vow to thee my country. It becomes problematic when you try to fit the "I am you are we are Australian" bit to the same tune though.

silver said:
Rockhunter62 said:
silver said:

Wouldn't that have to be God Save The King? I'm not a monarchist so I would suggest Great Southern Land.

Cheers

Doug

lol..... she ain't in the dearly departed department just yet, unless your suggesting we let the pollies here fight it out to the death with each other in hand to hand mortal combat in order to acertain exactly who the Great Aussie Monarchy would go to..... Sounds like limited Anarchy within the upper tiers of political extremism...... Maybe if we got in quick enough our new monarch could challenge over their head before anything else changes.... but that's not the lines your thinking along is it ?

Imagine any of our mob getting any sort of royal power lol.... be worse than one of them getting a presidency... imagine just for a moment that little scene where they rewrite the law, you know out with the old in with the new....Ha.... I don't trust them now with anything much, let alone the creation of their idea of new rules for all.

We must ever be vigilant.... one day maybe someone so awsome as a leader, so trusted and reveered by all may come along and lift us into a new age. But we will know it to our core beforehand.

Change the song if you must for it means naught once it's been done once already anyway.... maybe something you could dance to that fills you with pride and understanding of just who and what we are... something thet leaves you with a your cup runneth over feeling in the protective belonging department with regards to one and all. :D

Having the Monarchy we have Gives us something not many countries have and that is Blood Ties with at leased 15 other Countries because they share the same Monarch which is great help during times of war and other emergency's, Along with the UK's closest Allie's can be added to the mix

The closest thing to a "Would Be" Monarch America had was the Kennedy's and that didn't end well and ever since 1963 every generation of them have been fraught with tragic events ever since, Yet way way back America fought the British to become independent and won and like every other president even the new President Elect is already spouting his family ties to the Old Country and many American visitors travel here and Movie stars come here and settle down, Hollywood is the only Glitzy side of America but that is full of sin and scandal, :N:

Australia might be a young Country as far as settlers are concerned but the ties of those settlers dates back over 7000 years, And In the Words Of the Great Paul Hogan, It's a bit like 2 Flees arguing over Who Owns The Dog. :Y: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every year someone here brings up a thread about the national Anthem or the Flag and it's always the same old waffle,

RM Outback said:
Leave it as it is, if it gives you the :poop: change ya jocks after listening to it.
The Anthem never gave me the :poop: :lol: and I don't have any problem with the words although don't know many people who say "girt" , but musically it's dull. That singer Dami Im they played on abc sings it better than most.

silver said:
Rockhunter62 said:
silver said:

Cheers

Doug

No Silver but someone leaked the other day that she would step down next year and let big ears have a go. About the only royalty we have here in Australia would be Dame Edna.

Cheers

Doug

Bloody oath change it. And change everything else that offends everyone, the flag, the Australia day date, our town names, street names, rename the states while we are at it, and throw out that useless constitution and become a republic.

George Orwell was on point. That manuscript on how to make the world a better place is really working wonders. :Y: :rainbow: :zzz:

Use of the Word Girt.....

I made Love to Girt,
We did it in the dirt,
It started with a kiss,
A harmless little flirt.

It got a little Kinky,
She let me wear her skirt,
But the Gravel on my knees,
I swear it bloody hurt!.........Masterful!.. :lol: :lol: hehe... :Y: :Y:

They're doing it in the USA - pulling down statues of historical greats so that they can cleanse and then forget their past.
Even changing town names.
Let's even change our country's name as it's far too European FFS.
WA, SA, NT & ACT are safe, but we can't have Queensland, NSW, Vic or Tasmania.
That's going to be a hell of a referendum :D
Then the Chinese will want it to change again.....................
I'm only glad that when they do, I'll be gone - sorry for my children though :(

I think the people who want it changed because its dull greatly out number those who are insulted by it. The media will make you think otherwise though cause that makes a better story.

Latest posts