Newbie from South Coast

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, from Shoalhaven Heads and have started to do a bit prospecting over the last few months. Was introduced by a mate and have really taken to it. Have been out Oallen a few times and have met a couple of members from here and probably spoken to a few others. Have been using a small home made Walbanker up till now but have just ordered a Sluicy along with longer hoses etc. Hopefully will catch up with more members in the future as I'm planning on getting out a bit.
This is a great forum with plenty of info although I am having an information overload reading too many articles, got a lot to learn.
Thanks for adding me to the forum and look forward to some catchups on the rivers.
Cheers
Mick

Welcome aboard Mick, lotsa good info for one and all on here hey ! :)

Cheers mate, one of the guys is giving some away on the for sales, see how I go, do think its better than carpet, I've tried both and both seem to catch the fine stuff at the ford. Tried spaghetti without riffles, just mesh the other day and that seems ok too.

Just make sure you change the grizzly bars as they are only mounted on one side and spread apart easily. They allow larger rocks through aswell as getting them stuck.

Thanks to marksman I put some electrical cable tray in to replace it. Alot better and stable.

Also in the photo you'll see to rivets either side of the cable tray. When you receive the sluice they'll be facing the other way and can easily catch you hand. Best to drill them put and out rivets in the other way. Again. Thanks to marksman for the suggestion.

1484568476_20170116_174743_resized.jpg

Sorry,
I may be a moderator but I know the quality that Gold Rat put's into his product.
I have seen personally what he does.
Has some one made a mistake. ?

Latest posts