2017 detector finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find one of these Gp ?
1491602584_1491488532_unknown_2.jpg

1491602608_1491496974_unknown_9.jpg

I heard it on the grapevine ! :Y:

Nice hunt GP, those soveriegn cases are interesting as there has to be a few sovs somewhere around where they have been found?? One day mate, one day. :) That small coil seems to really work a treat.

Thanks Mackka, that's what I really enjoy about these sites - how unpredictable the finds are and the variety (aside from shotgun shells). :)

Today we ran a different combination of detectors and coils, with the Racer 2 using the Mars MD 10x13" Tiger, and the Teknetics G2 fitted out with the 9.5x5.5" NEL Sharpshooter (from the F75).

I can say that the Racer goes very deep in this configuration, even in the 3 tone program. For giggles I buried a $1 coin 10" down in the field, and it was clearly picked up in 3 tone, and boomed through in 2 tone VCO, so plenty left in reserve.

The NEL Sharpshooter, whilst not optomised for the G2 frequency being originally bought for the F75, still did a very good job at picking out yet another dog tag, buttons and a piece of ~Victorian era jewellery. Meanwhile the Racer/Tiger combination proved to hit very hard on some deeper buttons that I overlooked in the past, and very nice unoxidised examples at that. Later in the day I located a second dog tag dated 1895 to 1896, Mrs Goldpick's tag was from 1888 to 1889.

So still plenty of targets coming to the surface, just a matter of peeling away the layers of ferrous junk to reveal what lies underneath. :)

1492161409_img_20170414_184119.jpg

1492161429_img_20170414_184152.jpg

1492161446_img_20170414_184243.jpg

Could be good for a test sieve in the odd spot just to see what turns up that's non metalic. :Y:

B5MECH said:
Smoky bandit said:
I think your old house site was really an old town :D Well done some nice relics there :Y:
Nice GP :cool: :Y: a town with a lot of dogs and a lot of button-less shirts :lol: :lol:

Agree on both....Can't imagine a house having all of that....would be interesting to see old maps of the spot. :) Nice relics again. :rainbow:

golddiggerart said:
B5MECH said:
Smoky bandit said:
I think your old house site was really an old town :D Well done some nice relics there :Y:
Nice GP :cool: :Y: a town with a lot of dogs and a lot of button-less shirts :lol: :lol:

Agree on both....Can't imagine a house having all of that....would be interesting to see old maps of the spot. :) Nice relics again. :rainbow:

Yeah superb site Goldpick , great detecting . Pictures look like you been doing an archeology dig , some great history there 8)

Nice hunting GP. I've done an old school near my parents place that was opened in about 1880, no sign of any such interesting relics there. Though have cleaned out about $80 in goldies from there as it's now a scout hall. Was hoping for some old silvers but I guiess even a thrippy in 1880 was too much to send the kids to school with for lunch money. :)

Latest posts