Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that your strategy was perfect,smile wave and move on before the thought might enter their heads about chipping you - as sly as a serpent and as gentle as a dove 8)

Fire and movement and live to swing another day :)

All that you need is to find the rest of the Mercedes now :lol:

Nice finds too :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Yup I knew about the dish washing liquid CGS and good to see you're dong it better than before......The scourer still gets a good workout on the Goldies to make em all shiny and new looking... :)

Goldies are good to go, after an hour soakin in CLR Clear....re-use the solution!

rocketaroo said:
golddiggerart said:
Yup I knew about the dish washing liquid CGS and good to see you're dong it better than before......The scourer still gets a good workout on the Goldies to make em all shiny and new looking... :)

Goldies are good to go, after an hour soakin in CLR Clear....re-use the solution!

Tumbler coming in a few weeks time and a few other items... :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
rocketaroo said:
golddiggerart said:

Tumbler coming in a few weeks time and a few other items... :) :Y:

Look at the grit (aquarium stones) from the Big W :Y:

You get 2kg for $4.50 and the stones are nice and varied and clean.

Don't forget to put a couple of squeezes of dish washing liquid in your tumbler,it makes all the difference I found out just yesterday.

It does make a big difference cleaning your finds making it so very easy with much better results.

Enjoy :)

Now it is ready for mounting.

The pictures don't do it justice but it sure does look good...

1499338528_19756513_10209860086287585_6204328588924390640_n.jpg

1499338541_19731948_10209860086607593_5655152051339064815_n.jpg

What a ripper, looking great gda, your young'uns be chasing at the bit to get a hold of that to run around with now.
Recon we'll all be doing up our gun finds to look good after seeing what you've done ,... maybe you could start a restored gun finds thread with before and after and mounted photos.
:Y: :cool: :Y:

silver said:
What a ripper, looking great gda, your young'uns be chasing at the bit to get a hold of that to run around with now.
Recon we'll all be doing up our gun finds to look good after seeing what you've done ,... maybe you could start a restored gun finds thread with before and after and mounted photos.
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Mate my Son Abraham is always saying let me have it...I don't even know if it is going to see a mount and that is a good idea about a restored gun finds thread.

Cheers mate. :) :Y:

So I finally got a nice sunny day and a couple of hours to go and have a dig with Kiara and we hit the part of track where I found the pennies and managed a few Goldies and Brownies.
On the way back to the car some more coinage and just before reaching the car I hit on a deep 44 signal so decided to dig it, ended up about 10 inches deep when I felt a largish piece of metal and I thought great it's crap but to my surprise it was a nice looking.........I'll let the picture do the rest of the talking....
The last target was a cool find, I believe it is a letter opener handle, could be Silver going by the TID. :)

1499842746_finds.jpg

1499842761_gunner.jpg

1499842773_letter_opener.jpg

1499842790_silver_letter_opener.jpg

I know Sandta found one not long ago so it was cool to join the Luger Club... :) Pew Pew Pew

Until next time bet of luck and digging to everyone. :Y: :Y: :Y:
Cheers GDA

:eek: Dam gda :cool: :Y: That looks in awesome condition too :rainbow: :party:
Still even looks like it has paint 8) ...Well done... :cool: :rainbow: :party:
Knife handle is interesting 8) ...Could be a fancy letter opener knife maybe :cool:
Does the trigger work? :eek:

B5MECH said:
:eek: Dam gda :cool: :Y: That looks in awesome condition too :rainbow: :party:
Still even looks like it has paint 8) ...Well done... :cool: :rainbow: :party:
Knife handle is interesting 8) ...Could be a fancy letter opener knife maybe :cool:
Does the trigger work? :eek:

I mentioned that I believe it is a letter opener. And yup the trigger works so pretty happy about that. :) :Y:

Very interesting indeed :)

A cool ornate knife handle,I bet 7.62 will love this one :lol: and another pistol.

I think it is a Luger or a Ruger,no sure of the calibre but I am sure it would hurt :eek:

A nice way to spend sometime out in the sun :Y:

Latest posts