Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandta said:
Another successful mission Artie :Y:
Mate, we've all got to know you a little bit on here and from your videos and i reckon you are a nice bloke too
I wouldnt go so far as to be licking your face ... :lol:
but would certainly give you a bloody good hand shake ;)
Keep it up mate, looking forward to your next post

I'll take that hand shake mate thank you for extended it to me. :) :Y:

cashgoldsilver said:
You have been busy,digging in the sand makes it always easier :cool: which is always fine by me 8) and plenty to look at and a good story :Y:

Just imagine if you could find the locks to those keys and the belonging were then yours :p

Amazing how many keys we find out and about, I love that track and found out some history of that spot which makes me feel like there is going to be a lot of good finds. :) The sand makes life so much easier. :) :Y:

B5MECH said:
golddiggerart said:
B5MECH said:
:eek: Nice run gda :cool: :Y: ...Careful with that lighter :lol: ....What is it? 8) ...could be Gold :eek: :lol: :Y:

hahaha yeah golden trash.... :) I kept it anyway... :) :Y:
You sure it's trash gda :eek: ...What brand is it? 8)

Yup I am sure, the brand is Aluminium and Rust... lol :) :Y:

Well this is just a big big Thank you going out to Silver mate you've made my day......

What is this about?
To refresh everyone's memory it is about the Cap Gun I found.... Picture below...

1499227767_gun.jpg

When I cleaned it the pin that holds it closed broke so I saved it and put it in a small plastic bag, then the hammer fell off as I cleaned it, yes I was a little rough with it..
Someone threw the bag of bits away and my Cap Gun was looking sad so when I saw Silver's Hammer I had to ask if I could have it.
Silver's reply.... "It was meant to be yours from the moment it came out of the ground hey!"

Now it is complete again and just about ready for mounting...

1499228375_19247726_10209849489382669_534605565719502095_n.jpg

1499228397_19665165_10209849490582699_466491008573775004_n.jpg

So thank you once again Silver...

Cheers mate GDA - Arthur :Y:

silver said:
That's one nice looking sixshooter hombre !
:Y: :cool: :Y:

It sure is mate thanks, I've been a little more gentle with it although my son Abraham grabs it and runs around saying 'Bang Bang' so what can I do but join him and fire back with a 'Pew Pew Pew' lol

Oh this little fella (Spotted Dove) came walking in my door as I was writing up the post above so had to take a pause for a picture.
I just said to the little thing, you're okay I won't hurt you and it sat there to let me pick it up before releasing it.

1499229326_19665410_10209849679147413_2428797433048331760_n.jpg

1499229352_19665350_10209849681587474_3520250939797168369_n.jpg

1499229372_19656930_10209849681387469_5347878022853584475_n.jpg

Precious Moments... :D :rainbow: :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Well this is just a big big Thank you going out to Silver mate you've made my day......

What is this about?
To refresh everyone's memory it is about the Cap Gun I found.... Picture below...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1499227767_gun.jpg

When I cleaned it the pin that holds it closed broke so I saved it and put it in a small plastic bag, then the hammer fell off as I cleaned it, yes I was a little rough with it..
Someone threw the bag of bits away and my Cap Gun was looking sad so when I saw Silver's Hammer I had to ask if I could have it.
Silver's reply.... "It was meant to be yours from the moment it came out of the ground hey!"

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...26_10209849489382669_534605565719502095_n.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...65_10209849490582699_466491008573775004_n.jpg

:eek:
Well done gda :cool: :Y: ...What a Banger Dude :party:

B5MECH said:
golddiggerart said:

What is this about?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1499227767_gun.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...26_10209849489382669_534605565719502095_n.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...65_10209849490582699_466491008573775004_n.jpg

:eek:
Well done gda :cool: :Y: ...What a Banger Dude :party:

Thanks B5 (Pew Pew Pew) lol :) :Y:

Hey GDA - you were much closer to the money than I realised about bringing the shine back to the "silvers" :Y:

When I was preparing my Lortone tumbler for my next clean out of coins this morning on the kitchen sink I saw the concentrated dish washing liquid in front of me,and the next thing that I new I had squeezed a few drops in with the grit and coins ready for tumbling.

When I took the top off after 2 hours of tumbling besides the bubbles the coins were so much cleaner than before,so much cleaner that you can use them face to face if need be rather then laundering them at the self check out all of the time.

Bearing in mind I had only tumbled my coins 4 or 5 times before today.

So you were right,just not with the stainless steel scourer 8)

Who would have thought that dish washing liquid would clean :lol:

I thought you might like to know this breaking news :party:

Yup I knew about the dish washing liquid CGS and good to see you're dong it better than before......The scourer still gets a good workout on the Goldies to make em all shiny and new looking... :)

With school holidays being here I've not had much time for a dig, but managed a quick 1 hour where I found the coin spill 4 pennies.
The rangers and workers were out in force today doing some grooming but they left me alone after I gave em a wave and a hello mate....
I didn't stay long anyway because I knew eventually they'd reach me and ask me to move on.

I hit the penny hole knowing I had to remove trash, so I cleared the coke cans and vb cans away then swung the coil over the area again....hit a nice high tone and I knew it was more pennies, sure enough one came out and then I reached into the hole and felt another, both of them 1952....a foot away a 1951.....I pulled out a lot of trash from that area, a whole shopping bag full.

I kept swinging away and hit another nice signal, me thinking I was going to be pulling out another penny but was quietly surprised with a Threepence....I was happy with that find and decided to come back another day knowing the grass would be shorter and easier to hit targets.

Before leaving I hit another area where the track opens out into a grassy area where people sit and have picnics and hit the half penny, definitely a spot that may produce more.

1499317103_finds.jpg

1499317181_1951_penny.jpg

1499317203_1952_penny_2.jpg

1499317222_1952_penny.jpg

1499317237_1959_half.jpg

1499317253_1918_threepence.jpg

1499317267_george_v_threepence.jpg

The way the pennies were all in the same spot I could only imagine someone running and throwing them, maybe stolen from the old Footy Club which is across the road....The dates would suggest something like that but I guess we'll never truly know.

Cheers GDA :Y:

:eek: Have you been badging cars gda :eek: :lol: :p Sweet run :cool: :Y: ...The badge could be old...how deep?...maybe not old enough to be good though :/
mb.jpg

Probably from a later model :rolleyes:
Some coin Patina growing nicely there 8) :cool:

Nice diggin GDA.

golddiggerart said:
I didn't stay long anyway because I knew eventually they'd reach me and ask me to move on.

Mate in over 4 years detecting parks etc I have only had one of the ground staff question me. He was a contractor mowing and said the manager would not be happy. I see a LOT of ground staff as they are often mowing or having their lunch in parks. We have asked at several sites if we can detect. Never had a NO yet. They just say, "stick to the outside and don't dig up the playing surface".

Ramjet said:
Nice diggin GDA.

golddiggerart said:

Mate in over 4 years detecting parks etc I have only had one of the ground staff question me. He was a contractor mowing and said the manager would not be happy. I see a LOT of ground staff as they are often mowing or having their lunch in parks. We have asked at several sites if we can detect. Never had a NO yet. They just say, "stick to the outside and don't dig up the playing surface".

I wasn't at the footy field and have never been asked to not detect in there either, I was at the track which has long grass....I accomplished my main mission remove the trash. Still more there but not as much and can swing without beep beep beep beep every swing. :) :Y: :Y:

Latest posts