Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look forward to your opinion on the nox compared to the 705..especially the accuracy of the id and solid tone on targets....I know it goes deeper..but I'm interested to hear from a seasoned 705 user on the difference between the discrimination capabillities.. :Y: :D

Smoky bandit said:
Look forward to your opinion on the nox compared to the 705..especially the accuracy of the id and solid tone on targets....I know it goes deeper..but I'm interested to hear from a seasoned 705 user on the difference between the discrimination capabillities.. :Y: :D
I really should read the instructions so I can get the best out of it Smokey, I just went with standard park 1 ,auto everything.
The pull tabs were a little hard to miss, had no idea what numbers they would be. But the $2 was bang on 21, and the Thrip was a quite high number, which considering it was around 7 inches deep bodes well for future hunts. The 10c was a steady number also. Just need the grass to be mowed in this spot to really give it a good test run.I'm hitting a new site in the morning, I might take the 705 with me to see if I can confirm what I think I am digging first.

golddiggerart said:
Hmmmm I may have to seriously think about a Nox to see how many Gold Rings I've been missing.... lol Nice one Ktmman :Y:
Ha! I feel sorry for the poor detectorist that comes looking for rings after you've hit the beach :p

Can't wait the see the results Richard, I'm still not sure If I should pull the trigger on the nox yet.

Daggy

ktmman said:
golddiggerart said:
Hmmmm I may have to seriously think about a Nox to see how many Gold Rings I've been missing.... lol Nice one Ktmman :Y:
Ha! I feel sorry for the poor detectorist that comes looking for rings after you've hit the beach :p

Funny you say that because last week when I was detecting an older gentleman came up to me and said I've already done here....
I said really? He said yeah but have you found anything.....I looked him in the eye and then pulled 2 rings out of my pocket and said yup...
He was shocked but then I know all the beaches around here and can find a few goodies where others don't think to look. :) :Y:

First proper hunt with the Nox deserved a virgin cricket ground to put it through it's paces.
1520066056_20180303_field.jpg

First target for the day.
1520060747_20180303_shilling.jpg

And the silver kept coming.
1520060823_20180303_6d.jpg

1520060844_20180303_6d_brit.jpg

5 silvers in a row had me wondering if I had stuffed up the settings :p
1520060930_20180303_silver.jpg

But I did manage to pull a few pennies in the end. The signals given on most of the targets were pretty spot on. I just need to remember what the numbers equate too.
1520061578_20180303_all.jpg

Quick stop at a tennis court in the countryside.
1520061643_20180303_tennis.jpg

Found a 2c, 2x1c and this
1520061698_20180303_medallion.jpg

1520061773_20180303_cleaned_medallion.jpg

Some sort of Queensland medallion from 1901.

Awesome hunt.
Would love to see how it goes on the places that have been hammered before. Should get you to meet up at one of our local spots to see how much we've missed.
Love that medallion.

Daggy

Smoky bandit said:
Hard to find virgin ground these days..it's all been flogged..well around the south east anyway.well done.. :Y: :D
That's why I had to drive 2 hours to find this place smoky, but it was worth it. Though I do need to find me a goldie park to pay for some of the fuel!

ktmman said:
Smoky bandit said:
Hard to find virgin ground these days..it's all been flogged..well around the south east anyway.well done.. :Y: :D
That's why I had to drive 2 hours to find this place smoky, but it;s was worth it. Though I do need to find me a goldie park to pay for some of the fuel!
Yep, otherwise it'd be cheaper to buy silvers than to look for them. :Y:

Latest posts