SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks,
Been a while since I've been here of late, a lot of stuff going on over the last couple of months; not much of it detecting unfortunately. Just back home after the first gold trip for the season with mixed results. My prospecting mate has not long purchased a CTX3030 and in the first hour of our trip put it to effective use.
His session started with his GPZ7000 and 19" coil combo, after walking no more that a couple of metres from start-up he got a real growler of a signal, what followed was some serious digging, the hole being opened up several times to allow some movement of the big 19" coil; enter the 3030 and the standard coil in pin-point mode, with more digging, crow bar and shovel the target was finally localised, the 3030 nailed its location with great accuracy in the bottom of the now 76cm deep hole; was it worth the labour to dig it out? let the picture tell the final part of the story
1493639380_20170426_071649.jpg

35.4 grams of the good stuff, some might argue it was not a true find with a 3030 but it sure saved a hell of a lot more time and effort bashing about in a hole heading towards a metre in depth in tough ground, the nugget printed 11/32 on the 3030. Old mate is not a forum member and was quite happy for me to tell his story along with the image
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks for the comments guys, it took a couple of days for the smile on the mates face to diminish somewhat, the nugget certainly felt solid in the hand.
Cheers, Sinhof.

I suppose it was worth the effort :rolleyes: ;)
And only a couple of meters from start point ....
That would have set the mood for the coming days , even though hard to beat

Again, many thanks for the comments everyone it certainly is a nice nugget and well worth the effort to dig it out, we both dug several other ridiculously deep holes only to unearth bits of steel/iron that the old timers had discarded 150 odd years ago. The GPZ7000 with the new 19" coil is a brute of a combination to detect with but man does it punch deep, used on selected ground it will be a winner.
Cheers, SinHof.
PS; Sandta, after the great star to the trip we managed another 15.7 grams between the two of us, all small bits, 1.2 grams being the biggest.

The colour of that nugget is quite mesmerising, guess I'm just not used to seeing so much of it in one piece. :eek:

Certainly a nice colour, smooth as a baby's bottom too; the better half recons it looks like Michelin Man.
SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Had a quick hunt in a local sports ground yesterday afternoon with an interesting find along with some goldies and 50's. The locket, if that's what it is has extensive copper inlays and other decorations, unfortunately the clasp and hinge have corroded away, it came out of the hole in two pieces. Looks pretty old in design, anyone got any clues?
Thanks.
Cheers, SinHof.
1493784591_20170503_134835.jpg
1493784617_20170503_135224.jpg

Wow mate nice dig, that locket is huge, sorry I have no idea about it as I don't about half of the old crafted jewellery I find but it's a stunning find. :) :Y:

G'Day GDA,
Thanks for the comment, the ground worked yesterday where I picker up the locket are not that old and a lot of soil has been used to landscape the area and has had extensive top-dressing over the years; my guess is that the locket may have been brought in with a load of soil from an older area, it was about 20cm deep, the coins in the general area were quit shallow, interesting non the least.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts