Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
docjohnson9 said:
Use a jigsaw to cut the bread crate mate. You'll be there all week if you try and use a Stanley knife or hacksaw.

After marking the "L"shapes with a marker, it'll take you about half an hour to do.
Doc alls I have is a hacksaw and a sharp knife or tin snips... Will try and borrow something but wont hold my breath.

Cut 19 slots on my spray bar, copied/counted from Wal's highbanker video.
Then used a small file to widen the cuts out... Using a honda wx15 pump through 1.5x 30 m hose reduced down to 1 inch on the spray bar.

My welding/fab shop has a metal cutting machine that will cut your raised expanded metal to size in about a half a minute, just make sure they orient the diamonds correctly before the cuts..might cost you nothing or a minimum charge,1000 % better than a hacksaw or grinder which could take your hours/days
to cut up and far less chance of injury. Watch out for sharp metal edges which can rip you a bloody cut real easy . Use a grinder and sandpaper on the sharp points of the expanded metal after cutting, maybe even put a dab of silicone caulk on them.

Nucopia,

all I used to cut out my bread crate was a hacksaw. It took me around 15-20 minutes, and that was just taking my time. After a few cuts you will work what angle the hacksaw blade works best and after that it is easy. It leaves the edges a bit frayed but I just used a stanly knife to tidy it up. Worked a treat for me.

I've read all of these posts here and got infected with the virus to build one myself :)
I've designed it first in CAD and added some mods to it. It's made from two parts so it can fit in a smaller car. You can also use the front part as a sluice box. The walbanker is fixed with rivets through a simple L-angle to the aluminum square tube. This creates the 25 angle for the legs. This way I can use a knockout punch to cut straight holes into the square tube.

Huge thanks to Wal for his video and sharing all this with us. Therefore I want to share with you guys all the construction plans and unrolled sheet metal drawings for laser cutting too. Still waiting for some materials to finish all the drawings.

walbanker_ds_2part_001.jpg

walbanker_ds_2part_002.jpg

walbanker_ds_2part_003.jpg

So first day out with it seem ok just need some fine tuning on getting the angle right to keep the crate clean or tho a bit of rocking helped that. Didn't get much gold but the kids had a grate time so it was a win regardless. Worst part of the day was braking the car on the way home, will be a easy fix tho lucky I have a fee car lol
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/3yWAOhDwS8I[/video]

http://www.fixfastusa.com/product/katt-walkway-systems/

Wals aluminum catwalk is called a Walkway System here in USA per my latest research. It is used on large flat industrial type roofs,NOT residential construction sites.. I will have to check at work since our factory has such a roof.Maybe the guys in Maintenance can give me some of this stuff?

Looks like the company HQ is just 150 miles from me !! Looks like they are within 50 miles of where I will be prospecting for sapphires and gold,sure hope they can help me/us out? I will keep you guys posted.

Maybe I can go visit the factory in person and take a printout of Wals catwalk photos to bring along to show them what I/ we all need?

-Tom V.

daniel2015 said:
I've read all of these posts here and got infected with the virus to build one myself :)
I've designed it first in CAD and added some mods to it. It's made from two parts so it can fit in a smaller car. You can also use the front part as a sluice box. The walbanker is fixed with rivets through a simple L-angle to the aluminum square tube. This creates the 25 angle for the legs. This way I can use a knockout punch to cut straight holes into the square tube.

Huge thanks to Wal for his video and sharing all this with us. Therefore I want to share with you guys all the construction plans and unrolled sheet metal drawings for laser cutting too. Still waiting for some materials to finish all the drawings.

http://www.schweinert.com/upload/walbanker_ds_2part_001.jpg
http://www.schweinert.com/upload/walbanker_ds_2part_002.jpg
http://www.schweinert.com/upload/walbanker_ds_2part_003.jpg

Nice work Daniel,

I have the drawings already done for this one but I need to get my computer up and running to down load.
I put windows 10 on it and it crashed big time so hopefully within a few days. I am typing this one my work comp at the moment.
What program are you using on this model, looks good...
Cheers
Brad.....

Hi Wal. My husband and I are new at all of this and we are going to build one of your high bankers. Could you please tell me the length of the irrigation riser?

Lisa said:
Hi Wal. My husband and I are new at all of this and we are going to build one of your high bankers. Could you please tell me the length of the irrigation riser?

The ones I use Lisa are 450mm UV protected risers. They are a heavier duty than the standard and well worth using.

Hope the build goes well,

Wal.

finally found my bread crates..funny enough it was when i went for pan up the creek today and ran into someone that had a few spare..now i just need the electrical mesh and done.

Well Guys,

You guys won't believe it, but I actually found a company in USA ,just 170 miles from my house, that GAVE me a 5 foot wide x 1 foot long section of Wals aluminum catwalk grating for FREE !!! Yipppeeeee !!!! I will post a picture for now, photo later. They have a sister company in Australia I was told. It is called Sayfa Systems. The product to ask for is called GW8-Pace 600 Aluminum Walkway. Their phone number is 1-300-301-755. I don't know where in Australia they are located however. They do have a website. Ask for their scrap pieces.

http://www.sayfa.com.au/images/uploads/GW8_001_P.jpg

My home computer refused to power up after my weekend gold trip, might be time to buy me a new one....

-Tom V, USA

I hope Wal approves of the ALUMINUM catwalk I acquired, had to get the photos downsized...sposed to be 1/2 INCH THICK...?
1442960014_catwalk_sideview.jpg
1442960034_tomsalum_catwalk.jpg

More contact info for the aluminum catwalk for Wals Highbanker, looks like New South Wales? Is that a state in Australia? I have no idea how the country is divided up being from USA ?

MELBOURNE T \+61 3 8727 9000
1029 Mountain Highway F \+61 3 8727 9099
Boronia VIC 3155 E \[email protected]
Australia W \www.sayfa.com.au

tvanwho said:
More contact info for the aluminum catwalk for Wals Highbanker, looks like New South Wales? Is that a state in Australia? I have no idea how the country is divided up being from USA ?

MELBOURNE T \+61 3 8727 9000
1029 Mountain Highway F \+61 3 8727 9099
Boronia VIC 3155 E \[email protected]
Australia W \www.sayfa.com.au
That would be in Victoria - thanks for the info.

Latest posts