Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys , I am a newbie to site & am also building Wal's awesome highbanker. The catwalk mesh is hard to find but if you call Ulrich @ Smithfield , they may have offcuts & will sell to you , I bought a peice 600mm x 350mm for $25. Wal, is 880mm on the breadtray correct , as all dimms added gives 1290 mm , which only leave 210 for skid, also , what is the height of your mesh , I guess 8 - 10 mm, Cheers Paul

G'day Paul,

Thanks for bringing that to my attention....Just checked the crate and the max you can cut out of it is 580. Can't read my own writing mate. Crate is 580 not 880. Will amend the pic to show this shortly....Cheers Wal. :)

Hi Wal , Thanks for that , now all fits together. The mesh I got is about 17 mm high, so I had to spend 3 hours grinding it down. Is the mesh the same height as the crate on yours ? Cheers Paul

Hi Wal, :D

I'm making another HB Can you please take a closer shot of your patterned bread tray.
I can't seem to follow the zigzag of it.

Many Thanks,
"B"

headbut17 said:
Hi Wal , Thanks for that , now all fits together. The mesh I got is about 17 mm high, so I had to spend 3 hours grinding it down. Is the mesh the same height as the crate on yours ? Cheers Paul

Same size as the create Paul....If you send me a PM with the exact size I can cut you some and send it to you as an early xmas present....lot quicker than the grinder. Cheers Wal. ;)

Will do "B" ....will take a close up pic and send it to you via PM...how have you been going lately at GG mate...Cheers Wal. :)

Hi Wal , I appreciate your offer, very generous , but I can get the other 3 mm off pretty easy. Thanks for the offer . Hope to catch up at Tuena one day. Cheers Paul :)

Thanks for post Wal! Your equipment looks great and submitting dimensions etc is really going to take the guess work out for rookies like myself when build time comes around! Cheers!

If there's anything you can't understand Braddo, don't hesitate to ask, as trial and error can be somewhat time wasting. Hope all goes well and hopefully some of the info may be of assistance when you build yours. Cheers Wal. :)

Gold689 said:
Hi Wal, :D

I'm making another HB Can you please take a closer shot of your patterned bread tray.
I can't seem to follow the zigzag of it.

Many Thanks,
"B"

Hi "B"...Here is a close up of the grid....Cheers, Wal :)

1368603129_dsc_7600_800x344.jpg

Hey Braddo I had the same problem with the bread-box cutout.
So....whilst in Tuena on the last trip and in the still of night after feeding Wal with copious amounts of mind altering Vodka i commandoed my way to Wals h/banker and quickly drew out a template [just dont tell him.. :)]
Hope this gives you a clearer visual on the cut-outs. It helped me out [Thanks Wal]
20130430195206.jpg

Thanks for the template pic ChrisM!
Wal, I have had a dig through the shed and I have a piece of Ally 880mm long and a water transfer pump rated at only 3000L/H (50Lpm). Being a newbie and not wanting to invest heavily would you recommend scaling down your design & making it narrower & shorter to suit my pump or biting the bullet and building a replica?

G'day Braddo,

If your in a fairly gold rich area and you don't need to put heaps through the box, then you can downscale the banker to suit ....only keep the proportions the same. You may be better off building a more standard banker with a grizly box as this will definitely require a lot less water pressure to operate and will still get you all the gold. ;) If you're after Sapphires as well then you may have to bite the bullet....these little blighters are a challenge at the best of times.Cheers Wal. :)

Many Thanks Wal, :D

Looks great now I can start cutting.. Hope well catch up soon,,

Cheers,
"B"

Hi Wal , yeah was only 290mm skid, so removed front mesh & brough everything down 210mm so now have 500mm skid , then 190 mesh & 430 breadtray , so equals 1120mm, which is the ,length of my box , Didnt want to shorthen the breadtray , but no option

headbut17 said:
Hi Wal , yeah was only 290mm skid, so removed front mesh & brough everything down 210mm so now have 500mm skid , then 190 mesh & 430 breadtray , so equals 1120mm, which is the ,length of my box , Didnt want to shorthen the breadtray , but no option

You should have no problems with that combination. Just remember the angle and water speed should be set to keep the gravels in the crate about half full...Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts