Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
backcreek said:
AU Fever said:
backcreek said:
This listing (261270246424) has been removed, or this item is not available.

Must have scared him off Mick! :cool:

Au

Au, I think fbre3241 must have removed the listing or got ebay to remove it.

Ah, thanks Mick. But doesn't eBay send you an email when you list an item? I suppose if you are running a large eBay store like fbre3214 does, it could be easily missed.

Au

kawman said:
There is no such thing as a free lunch... If it is to good to be true it is....... :|
Agree - that's why I highlighted it. Don't want to see someone get fooled by these rip off merchants.

Hope we didn't blow eBay up though - been down for awhile :lol:

there was some weird stuff happening with ebay servers tonight

i was going through some ebay stuff and for a couple of hours i couldnt access recent trading history .

can but wunda what was going on there. :eek:

HeadsUp said:
there was some weird stuff happening with ebay servers tonight

i was going through some ebay stuff and for a couple of hours i couldnt access recent trading history .

can but wunda what was going on there. :eek:

Yep, I couldn't even log in. Upside is I didn't buy anything..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151108125615?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Beware: Seller won't return emails requesting serial number or any other details?

Has put this update in:

Update from the huge inrush of comments and questions.
I have opened up the box, connected the detector together and powered it up tonight.
It tests fine, detecting a 24ct gold ring perfectly. The detector works great!!
That's all I know about it, so please stop emailing me about it not being real or functioning.
I do not have any receipt from a shop here in Australia as this detector was purchased overseas, just never used in the field.
Happy bidding everyone and thanks for all your questions, I hope this helps everyone.

& also left this answer to a question:

Q: CAN I PAY ON PICKUP? and TEST before? Is the charger a multi voltage charger? Do you provide overseas receipt? Jeff 27-Aug-13
A: Sorry, no COD. No pickup after very bad experience with my family. No pickups ever again. I would prefer the Neg feedback rather than the risk of putting my family at risk with unreasonable buyers. The unit works, I tested it last night. The charger is multi voltage. Just need AUS adapter - check pic of charger for voltages. No overseas receipt / paperwork. Unit sold as is, clearly heavily discounted, no warranty, no returns. Sorry. Can everyone please accept this item as is and stop sending me so many emails as I cannot reply to everyone. If there are any concerns with this item, please do not bid. If this is not acceptable, I'm sorry but please do not bid. Thanks everyone once again.

I feel sorry if its a genuine article - he could miss out on some more $$$$ but not helping himself.

Be careful if bidding - I won't be!

he sold another one the same last year which was also " too cheap"

seems he may have a few of them to sell . ( it works out cheaper that way when you bring things in from china )

i dont need to do the serial number check . its as real as dolly partons titz.

Expect to see a lot more of them hitting the market.
1 of my Chinese suppliers stocks them now and sent me an email the other days saying the are having a clearance sale on them for US$600.00
So if a lot of people deal with that same supplier, they will be cleaning them out and hitting up gumtree and fleabay with them.

Doubt you'll get anything - I have reported it to eBay as a possible fake/counterfeit item but they haven't removed it as yet so don't think they'll do much either.

From Melbourne eh!! - he was from Loddon Vic last time (doesn't exist) - me and the boys will catch up with him if we find out where he is.

BrisJoe said:
Expect to see a lot more of them hitting the market.
1 of my Chinese suppliers stocks them now and sent me an email the other days saying the are having a clearance sale on them for US$600.00
So if a lot of people deal with that same supplier, they will be cleaning them out and hitting up gumtree and fleabay with them.

Any chance you would forward that email onto Minelab? [email protected]

The above item has now been removed!

He has moved to four different countries now!! Must have got tired of the night-life at Loddon Vic.

Doh, a lot around now, they will keep churning them out though. A lot of people are gonna get burned. Do these things even detect metal at all???? Just curious.

Latest posts