Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully they paid via Paypal and can raise a dispute as goods are counterfeit. If he paid cash then the only recourse is to contact the seller or police.

HeadsUp said:
Heatho said:
Will be interesting to see how this 1 goes, was it bought in Australia?

it was bought in australia from a seller in Loddon , VIC

I may be mistaken but there is no Loddon Vic - there is Loddon Vale north east of Wedderburn - a cross roads is all it is. Of course there is the Loddon River, same area. Good gold area and that's about all.

id look up his address and pay him a visit ;)

but yeah keen to see how he goes, make a claim on paypal

All said above already paypal will refund no questions asked, eBay will also persue legal action against fraud under the fraud act Australia. Yes eBay do have an australian office. Aside from that I would google search his username often people use the same name on various sites, fine out which town he lives in and kick his door in :) :mad:

If the seller sold the machine knowing it was fake, he has committed the offense of obtaining property by deception.
If he claims he had no idea it was a fake, then no offense has been committed and it can be taken up civilly, or the transaction should be reversed.
Pretty hard to prove he knew it was a fake though. Hopefully it was a Paypal transaction as others have stated.

BoydWilliam said:
If the seller sold the machine knowing it was fake, he has committed the offense of obtaining property by deception.
If he claims he had no idea it was a fake, then no offense has been committed and it can be taken up civilly, or the transaction should be reversed.
Pretty hard to prove he knew it was a fake though. Hopefully it was a Paypal transaction as others have stated.

the giveaway is when myself and others emailed the guy asking for the machine serial number but he chose to not reply

and when the fake detector in question sold on ebay 2 weeks prior and the buyer turned up to pick it up he checked its serial number and said "p1ss off mate its a fake stick it up your nose"

so when the buyer relisted it he knew beyond any reasonable doubt that it was certainly a fake.

i will contact the guy in a couple of weeks and see if he got his money back yet

Hi,
I just sent him this message through ebay.
"Hi,
How is it possible you can offer a new gpx5000 for less than half the rrp?
I'm very suspicious.
Please send me proof it is a genuine Minelab product before I bid.
Thanks"
I doubt if I'll get a reply.
The fact that he says he is only contactable through his Gmail tends to suggest he doesn't want any correspondence traceable through ebay.
Let's see what happens.

I just got a reply from this guy.

"i did not post this lot and will be contacting ebay

- fbre3214"

I think I might have some fun with the seller now!

backcreek said:
I just got a reply from this guy.

"i did not post this lot and will be contacting ebay

- fbre3214"

I think I might have some fun with the seller now!

No wonder he only wanted to be contacted by email. Using someone else's account.

mbasko said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Have asked for the serial number to verify with Minelab? We'll see............

Looks too good to be true! :rolleyes:

And it is too good to be true! There are some shonky bastards out there. How can they hijack someones ebay account and post a listing like that?
When I saw his feedback I thought why would someone with 99.9% feedback risk it with a dodgy listing like that.

Good work everybody for weeding out a thief.

MB did you get a reply from this shonk?

Latest posts