Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pjhutchi said:
I was thinking along the lines of everything these days in built in China and so you may get lucky and get a unit that has come off the same production line......

The net is rife with stories of people who've bought Chinese knockoffs of GPX5000s. They simply do not work, or if you're lucky they work on a par with a $250 vlf. Ultimately, however, it's your money and your choice. I'd certainly be doing a crapload of research before forking out that sort of money...

Don't even think about the fake ones.

The CTX 3030 is one of the tops for separation in ferrous sites. The main reason I switched from a E-Trac.

Almost got stung myself. Ask a few probing questions and it gets fishy . When they get cornered they put time pressure on. " I Have another person interested" ...

What sort of hunting do you want to do?

The xp deus is a great machine.

I am not aware of a detector that will tell you
exactly whats Under the coil.

Problematic items include pull tabs and screw caps.

I want to hunt around the edges of Cue where I live bit the old prospectors have soiled it with junk. Cue is built right on the gold and these areas have never been detected.

A mate here has a Deus XP but he has found bugger all with it! So I was kinda thinking it was a waste of money!!!

Maybe I will just wait for my sluice to get here and just dig the ground.

The XP is a great machine.

Need to use the iron volume (turn the iron volume down) and
Listen for good targets among the iron then start digging.

At this point as far as i am aware no machine will tell
You exactly whats under the coil.

If your not happy with this experience save your money
And sluice.

My advice is to stay well away from alibaba, it's well known to be full of inferior replica / fake gear so why take the risk. Buy genuine and don't be disappointed.

I thought I would have a look.
This is soooo wrong,
http://www[.]alibaba[.]com/product-detail/Minelab-gpx-5000-gold-detector-metal_1631170337.html?s=p
And some one wants to shop/Buy from here?
Save your dollars mate...

Dunno how we can get the message out there. just reading thru the site should sound alarm bells.
good to save a buck, but if you lose the lot on one of these sites, whatcha gonna do ?

Yeah I thought it would be junk but taking a chance and checking with the folk on this forum was worth the time.

Think I will just stick to sifting the dirt to classify it and remove the junk and then sluicing it.

Hopefully I can get some Gold

Hi all, I noticed this question on another forum and there were no actual replies to say yes there are or no there isn't fake 3030's out there does anyone know of or heard of whether this model Has a a fake twin , look forward to some feedback.
Cheers guysm

Auction Title: Brand New Minelab gpx 5000 reproduction Metal Detector.
Description: For sale is a Brand New reproduction Minelab Gpx5000 metal detector they look identical to the Gpx5000 and operate very well, finding small gold objects and small targets when detecting, their depth penetration is impressive as well, these units have the same functions as the Gpx5000 and the lcd display functions etc are all identical, the packaging is exactly the same as well.

would prefer bank deposit through ebay for such a high price item as to avoid fees etc will send out asap with tracking after payment received:) cheers also if you'd like more then one of these then inbox us cheers

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-Ne...81663540811?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item2a4bfda64b

The seller's feedback shows he's also selling fake Samsung phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mobile Phone Clone 16GB Identical in every way! UNLOCKED
Hi there :) for sale is a Brand New Samsung Galaxy S5 Clone Phone that is an Identical 1:1 Copy in every way both visually and technologically. They cannot be told apart from a Samsung Galaxy next to each other, they are literally identical down to every detail! the logos the technology inside, fingerprint scanner etc even the materials they are made from are exactly the same, the technical specifications and actual working ability of the phone is identical also! the camera, the memory the operating system software etc they quite literally are identical in everyway,just a whole LOT cheaper! use them as a fantastic day to day phone, or if anyone else is looking for them. Feel free to inbox with any questions:) This phone is UNLOCKED to any network as well.
also identical is the packaging and the same exact accessories that they come with all with exact logo and lay out identical as Samsung Galaxy.
This phone comes Brand New in unopened packaging completely sealed as the second picture shows.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Samsung-...GB-Identical-every-way-UNLOCKED-/181657645283

Just slightly against ebay rules selling counterfeits, and the fact that he has more than one shows that he is not a one off seller. Surprised it hasn't been taken down yet. :/

Latest posts