Yorke Peninsula S.A. Gold?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markgoldhunter

mark johnston
Reaction score
Well you wouldn't think it possible down the southern end of the peninsula at a place called xxxxxxxxxx just there right on the beach front. There I was setting up to make some sinkers for fishing, so I chucked a handful of my collection of lead into my melting pot and started heating on the gas burner, I noticed one of the 'lead' pellets had a slightly different colour to it. So I picked it out with my long nosed pliers and discovered that it was actually a little nuggie about 0.3g.
I showed mrs. m.g.h. and told her I am that good I can even find gold on the beach. In a year when we haven't been able to get out to swing for gold this was indeed a Welcome Little Stranger..
1608272178_xxxxxxxxxx_gold.jpg

edit to stop a rush.

Gold is well known on the Yorke Peninsula (nearly 4 tonnes produced, last mine closing early 1990s), and Secret Squirrels has posted on some. No big nuggets known though. But I like your explanation better......

Good on ya Jaros.... had that under control within the 10 minute mark..... Legend :perfect:

Latest posts