Yobskins forced into retirement .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who had to retire years earlier then I intended due to fractured vertebra I understand your situation. I just wonder how many people doing manual work will last until 75 years age when they can retire. No one can rely on superannuation for they retirement, another global financial crisis and most of your super is gone.
Karl

lucky streak said:
Bring on the gold I say panning a great past time. Make more money sluiceing.

Houston we may actually have a problem here....... Not malicious , just issues

Lucky , the thread was about Yobskin mate.

Hay Yobskin,
Sorry to hear of your ailment, you obviously loved your job and the stats confirm this.
This is an all too familiar story.
We have a young guy at work, recently engaged, who injured his shoulder at work. Workcover pushed him into an operation which didn't work after 3 goes and now he looks like loosing his job as his 26 weeks are up.
He has had to sell up because he won't be able to afford the mortgage.
Dam shame!

Happy birthday to the lad today yobskin,
Sorry you had to endure the hotdogs today.
( what a tuff gig);)
Your going to do all right mate, like everything
in life, its what you put in that gives you the results you want.
And you've proved that you put in 110% in the past,
So remember mate, life is good.
Cheers steve :)

Bacchus said:
lucky streak said:
Bring on the gold I say panning a great past time. Make more money sluiceing.

Houston we may actually have a problem here....... Not malicious , just issues

Lucky , the thread was about Yobskin mate.
ARRRRRRGH HAHAAAAAA!!
Lucky, he so funny :|

Quite an achievement there mate, sorry to here about your back it seems to to a problem with lots of people, I've got 10 years on you and have had a bad back for years and the only way for me to keep working is going to a chiro and a massage therapists (the painful type) twice a month otherwise I'd been stuffed. They have improved my condition and I would recommend giving it a go.
:)

I hear your pain on the back issues.

Mine was injured when i was 8 years old , i could barely walk for 2 days and off school for a week.

I have worked in engineering trades since i was a kid and that takes its toll on my back too even without the prior injury.

However , i find if i do a little yoga at least 3 - 4 times a week and do some gentle stretches when i get out of bed the back is 100 % fine , i can bend , stretch , work like a steam train and lift and throw heavy shit around like an olympic weightlifter after a trip to the team pharmacist. lol

continuous gentle exercises will improve your circulation and strengthen those injuries , but if you stop activity then problems pour in.

HeadsUp said:

Mine was injured when i was 8 years old , i could barely walk for 2 days and off school for a week.

I have worked in engineering trades since i was a kid and that takes its toll on my back too even without the prior injury.

However , i find if i do a little yoga at least 3 - 4 times a week and do some gentle stretches when i get out of bed the back is 100 % fine , i can bend , stretch , work like a steam train and lift and throw heavy shite around like an olympic weightlifter after a trip to the team pharmacist. lol

continuous gentle exercises will improve your circulation and strengthen those injuries , but if you stop activity then problems pour in.
So, like, maybe lumberjacking!!! In wellingtons :lol:
1423303001_image.jpg

dwt said:
HeadsUp said:

However , i find if i do a little yoga at least 3 - 4 times a week and do some gentle stretches when i get out of bed the back is 100 % fine , i can bend , stretch , work like a steam train and lift and throw heavy shite around like an olympic weightlifter after a trip to the team pharmacist. lol

So, like, maybe lumberjacking!!! In wellingtons :lol:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/428/1423303001_image.jpg

hahaha !

nice photo

Glad you brought your axe that trip !

i have brought a good axe since then and akshilly my tree chopping was a bit slow on that trip due to a long break from yoga at the time . i got back into it again 10 weeks ago

I still want to get back to that spot one day , maybe up the top of the hill above the workings

Hey Yobs, great story so thanks for sharing with us. It sucks to be set back while ur still not considered and ol man, hopefully a new view of the world will open new doors. It sucks sometimes to go from player to spectator in activities we were once master of. On the bright side you may be forced to try new hobbies that aren't so hard on the back that u never thought about while everything was sweet physically. Hope all goes well for you mate.

Hey there dwt,
Lucky is the gift that keeps on giving.
At least he's consistent.
Hope he keeps on posting. :D

I would love to see some footage of you filleting if you have any, I always enjoy watching someone tear a fish apart. I have fished for fun for over fifty years and thought I could fillet OK but watching the guys at the markets brings it into a different perspective. I hope your future works out well.

I dont have any footage mate. Lost along time ago thanx modern tec.
I developed a particular style for mass production only my old aprentices still use it. If they can remember. Ive visited many a fish market and laughed street stall butchers i call,em. All my cuts were clean and precise no meat left on the frame sucked right out transparent. At no point have i ever needed to wash my fillet in water...i ran a dry plant because tuna cant get water on it or it bleaches the meat. My filleting crew of 4 men out processed a barra filleting machine with a 17% higher recovery with dry fillet. Farmed barra 6kg average fish 2000kg per man. The machine needed fixing and that was the bosses idear of streamlining the factory :rolleyes:

Hey Yobskin, great story with the filleting, I'm like Meta and it takes ages to fillet a fish as really appreciate your achievements there.
Not much I can add to what others have said so keep your chin up, you can't change the past so when feeling down there's no point looking back at yesterday, the present is what you have to deal with and the future is yours to make what you will, easier said than done and depression is a bitch at times, never be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help if you need it and this thread alone shows people care about our problems and issues when we open up.
Hopefully you find the right balance in your future and the fun times out weigh the down times, I'm looking forward to reading some of your upcoming adventures with the highbanker and I hate to say it..........but I hope your back hurts (just a little) from carrying your gold back to the car ;)
Take care mate.

I wanna say thanx to everyone who has posted. My future is going to be much brighter with you lot in it....lol forsure :D
Processing has been my life so all im swapping is fish for rocks i reckon. Im realy looking foward to finding a patch of pay dirt i tell ya hahaha :lol: and gettin gavin to send me that pump. :p
I got a 4x4 tipper wagon to carry that gold back mate max load 100kg so there should be a lil room left for beer and hotdogs...

Anyone ever thought of heating water with there water pump ???
Not boiling hot hot dog hot?? :cool:

Awe come on guys,
I've just come home from being out all day
and the 1st thing I read is hot dogs, hot dogs, hot dogs.
This is starting to turn into the dwt v Panda situation yobskin .
You say the magic word and I appear out of nowhere foaming
at the mouth with French mustard in my left hand and
tomato sauce in my right hand.
At this rate I'm gunna need 200kg tipper to carry me
and a Smokey Dawson lifting recliner chair get me
onto my feet.
Mrs Stoyve will need to sew a roller skate to the seat
of my pants so that my fat butt isn't dragging on the
footpath and I will need my gut hanging over a shopping
trolly so its not dragging in the dirt.
The good thing about the shopping trolly is that
it will be very handy to bring all the French mustard,