Yabby pump attachment for loaming and crevicing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XIV said:
Thx for that.
I am heading home on the first on next month
Will be home for 2 weeks but im getting married on the 7/7
So I will try and get out for a day, or at least a few hours

Be nice to find one of the Aurif's out there!

G0lddigg@ said:
gcause said:
Thanks guys.

Mick you may be right there is no check valve in there but I am hoping the 45 degree angle on the Y piece will be enough to grab the heavies with the yabby pump action providing sufficient pressure to drive it into the bucket. Only time will tell I will let you know how it goes.

Bunnings does sell those check valves I saw them yesterday.

its a great build mate and good use of another tool which barely gets used (yabby pump) I made a similar setup my best adize i can give you is drill a very small whole inside your pickup tube abd place a nail small screw though because the flat rocks can get rally jammed in there when your poking around. goog luck on the colour mate

Hey gcause,
I did a makeover similar to yours with my yabbie pump. I also found stones got jammed in the inlet pipe, so I heated the 45 deg cut gently over my outdoor gas stove, then gently squeezed closed the cut opening a bit with a paid of vice grips. Then I cooled it down in water to set the pvc hard again. Any stones that do 'just' make it through the opening have freedom to move once inside and don't get jammed along the length of the tube. yeah good luck and post some pics of your colour.... gold just makes my day :)

Latest posts