Xterra 705 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky what settings do you recommend for parks please?

Im still new to the 705 so I use coin setting , pre program 1 , fixed not tracking. I don't use the all metal at all.

Is there room for improvement you think?

Upside said:
Smoky what settings do you recommend for parks please?

Im still new to the 705 so I use coin setting , pre program 1 , fixed not tracking. I don't use the all metal at all.

Is there room for improvement you think?
Hi upside...For general park hunts for modern coins and jewelry
I just use coin mode ....and the target id is always left on......blank out all the negative numbers as well as 2 and 4 ...and leave open all the rest.......and use 4 tones.....if i was in a trashy spot that had pre decimal coins i use all metal with 99 tones...I always do noise cancel first...then auto ground balance...no need for manual gb unless your in goldgeilds when chasing nuggets. :Y: Good luck mate :lol:

Danny13 said:
More sea silvers smokey , what a great spot you have there , great pic 8) :Y:
Cheers Danny
Decent spots are so hard to find around here...So much history all around me but its all locked up... :mad: Coins and relics are no got to anyone left in the ground :lol: :Y:

Before
1495346059_20170520_091258-600x800.jpg
And after 24hrs in the LJ..Then a little rub with bicarb and they are ready for the Silver sandwitch bag :lol:
1495346300_20170521_155244-600x800.jpg
Until next weekend.... good luck on your hunts :Y:

B5MECH said:
Smoky bandit said:
Note to self..DO NOT CLEAN CRUST OF SILVER COINS WITH A STAINLESS STEEL POT SCRUBBER :N: :eek: :mad: :mad: ]:D Leason learnt :Y: :Y: :lol:
:eek: Bugger :( did you think it was a 5c :eek:
Na They had a bit of crust that wouldn't come off.. so gave them a soft rub...couldnt see the scratches with naked eye..but i did when i zoomed in on the pics..O well wont do that again B5 :8 :8 :8

Hi Smoky, been loving reading your posts mate. You helped convice me to buy a 705 as my first detector and sign up so I can post this. :)

What coil do you use/recommend?

I bought the dual pack so have both the 9" round and 10x5" dd. I have only had the detector 1 week and used the 9" twice in a kids playground, found a little over 10 bucks. Wanna try the Darwin beaches soon. Small steps but I'm loving the hobby. :D :Y:

Nakan said:
Hi Smoky, been loving reading your posts mate. You helped convice me to buy a 705 as my first detector and sign up so I can post this. :)

What coil do you use/recommend?

I bought the dual pack so have both the 9" round and 10x5" dd. I have only had the detector 1 week and used the 9" twice in a kids playground, found a little over 10 bucks. Wanna try the Darwin beaches soon. Small steps but I'm loving the hobby. :D :Y:
Hi Nakan
I use the 15inch 7.5khz all terrain coil on the beach and park's.....just cause you can cover alot of ground.....But in trashy areas i like to use the elliptical 18.75khz dd...but im not sure wether to get the 9 inch concentric..or the 6 inch dd for those trashy areas as well.. to help find those wanted targets amongst all the iron....But the coils you have are perfect for all round hunting mate..hope to see your future finds..Good luck :Y:

Latest posts